edited August 10, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Randy,

WOW, I really like how that one turned out and the

Color of that Water reminded me of the Glacier Lakes

up in Canada.

Very nicely done.

Thanks Craig,

This is very close to how the scene looks very late at night. Remember my "model shoot" story...
    Randy
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2010
    Very cool look. Processing with impact makes it happen. Well seen and
    thought out to final. Sweet. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    I'm in sort of a quandary over this one. I find the preponderance of foliage in front of the pool to be a distraction....but that's a minor point and just a personal thing. I think the PP is a tad overboard, taking the scene to the surreal level. The color of the water is not my big issue....it's the sky and the really red " wall " on the right. I just have trouble pulling this image back to a sense of reality....but then, I don't think that was your intent anyway. You always excel at providing interesting interpretations.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    I'm in sort of a quandary over this one. I find the preponderance of foliage in front of the pool to be a distraction....but that's a minor point and just a personal thing. I think the PP is a tad overboard, taking the scene to the surreal level. The color of the water is not my big issue....it's the sky and the really red " wall " on the right. I just have trouble pulling this image back to a sense of reality....but then, I don't think that was your intent anyway. You always excel at providing interesting interpretations.

Take care,

Tom

Hey Tom,

I see you spent some time evaluating this image thumb.gif

I'll try to respond to your concerns.

This is a sunken pool at the water gardens. As to the trees, if your going to get this shot, from above, there just going to be in there. Surreal is what I was going for, but actually not that far from what this scene looks like late at night. The wall, well, when it gets dark out, that's pretty much what color it is, not this saturated, but more than one might imagine.

Here is the same location, albeit at the pool level, that I had a model shoot late at night a while back. Notice the colorations, close to what the above image has, but not "processed".

556254799_zhddh-M.jpg

964847297_GNgfU-L.jpg

The sky, well, well, umm...

I always appreciate when someone puts this much effort into detailing/dissecting one of my images. I truly appreciate that thumb.gif
    Randy
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Very cool look. Processing with impact makes it happen. Well seen and
    thought out to final. Sweet. thumb.gif

Thanks for looking and your input Michael
    Randy