Any comments?

WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited June 21, 2004 in Wildlife
Well, here goes... This is a female Cattle Egret with young. Down here some folks refer to them as Tractor Birds. Due to the fact that you will see them following behind large tractors or lawn mowers after grass is mowed, what they are doing of course is gorging themselves on the newly exposed insects that have been turned up. Anyhow, I have many images like this one. So, I thought I would post one and see if anybody might have a comment or two.

Comments

• GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    I think that is a pretty nice shot. I would be proud if it were mine.
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    I think that is a pretty nice shot. I would be proud if it were mine.
    Thank you, I am really tough on myself. So, it's nice to get some comments from others! I appreciate you taking the time to respond!
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    Wolf wrote:
    Well, here goes... This is a female Cattle Egret with young. Down here some folks refer to them as Tractor Birds. Due to the fact that you will see them following behind large tractors or lawn mowers after grass is mowed, what they are doing of course is gorging themselves on the newly exposed insects that have been turned up. Anyhow, I have many images like this one. So, I thought I would post one and see if anybody might have a comment or two.
    I think its a very nice shot.. I like the composition. :D
    Lynn
  • WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I think its a very nice shot.. I like the composition. :D
    Lynn
    Thanks Lynn and I hope you are doing well and healing quickly! By the way, I love the chipmunks!! We don't have them here.
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    I think the composition is nice..
    the picture is perfect. It really brings something across. It just brightened my day. The bird in the photo looks really cute. And when I get off the bio pic, I'll check out the one with the egret.

MainFragger