New Guy Intro

2»

Comments

• MileHighAkoMileHighAko Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    For what it's worth, last Friday I picked up the D5000 with two lenses (18-55 and 55-200), extra battery, memory card and bag, all for less than $1000 including tax. Took it to my sons football game on Saturday, shot 1000 photos, posted 100 of them, and to my surprise some parents purchased prints of some of my shots on Sunday. Not a bad way to break into the hobby.

I went back and forth between several different models, and figured I'd rather go with an inexpensive entry (D5000) and good glass since I am truly a beginner, and look to add on in the future. At this rate, with as much fun as I'm having, I can see myself adding a D7000 body come Christmas.

Good luck.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,064 moderator
    edited September 8, 2010
    For what it's worth, last Friday I picked up the D5000 with two lenses (18-55 and 55-200), extra battery, memory card and bag, all for less than $1000 including tax. Took it to my sons football game on Saturday, shot 1000 photos, posted 100 of them, and to my surprise some parents purchased prints of some of my shots on Sunday. Not a bad way to break into the hobby.

I went back and forth between several different models, and figured I'd rather go with an inexpensive entry (D5000) and good glass since I am truly a beginner, and look to add on in the future. At this rate, with as much fun as I'm having, I can see myself adding a D7000 body come Christmas.

Good luck.

Congratulations on the new camera and on the success selling prints. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • HowzitHowzit Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Congratulations on the new camera and on the success selling prints. clap.gif

Yeah. good job! I saw a two lense deal with the D5000 plus memory card and camera bag for under $1000 last week at BB. I don't see it anymore.

Today I was in our local camera shop in Des Moines, Christian's, hoping they'd have the 60D in but ended up playing with the 7D for about an hour instead. At one point I had the camera in my hand for about 20 minutes as I chatted and completely forgot I was holding it. It fitted me like a glove.

...I'm half tempted to save some more, extend my budget and get the 7D!