The Waiter and the Kids

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited August 17, 2010 in People
Even though I spend nearly 75% of the time shooting people (my two kids), I have rarely posted in this forum :dunno
However, I did break out of my element of shooting landscapes by taking some other people shots in the past few weeks. I was rewarded for my efforts by having the first shot get first place in our local Kelby photowalk that took place in July :barb
The other series is from the town of Magnolia where I got a chance to capture what I hope is the essence of Summer (at least in New England).
E

On Break
947355374_DXjxF-L.jpg

Ready for Liftoff
965402958_YFaQA-L.jpg

Superman
965402538_CDZbJ-L.jpg

All In
965404858_sLLui-L.jpg

Comments

• FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    I really like the first one!
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    #1 is outstanding. #4 is great as well.
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Thank you both for the comments. Greatly appreciate it.
    E
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    #1 is great.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Hey, haven't seen you in a while! Welcome back. (If you were gone... though I might be crazy)

Looove #1... processing, mood and the colors just are incredible!

I think #2 could benefit from some warming up of your reds. Beautiful moment you caught. Like your angle and the action.

#3 is not as fantastic as the others due to the rail blocking his feet... it looks like he might get hurt... it makes me wince.

#4.. lookes like you pano-ized it a bit, but I would go further... a 5 x 10 ratio would be just about right, cropping out the bottom.

Fun photos!
    edited August 12, 2010
    Thanks Heather!
    As for #3, you should have seen the rest of the series... in the words of Maxwell Smart "missed it by that much"
    I see your point on #4. I was trying to include the extent of the first two splashes but agree with a tighter fano (fake pano mwink.gif)

As for me. Was gone from the boards for a bit as we bought and then promptly renovated a house. I'm in 'landscape' mode at the moment - even though 3/4 of my photos are of my kids. Just don't want to bore everyone with photos of them here but I'll make it a point to try to do so from now on.

E
  • asprinasprin Banned Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    lol, the last one is interesting
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    Nice shots!! Thanks for sharing and keep shooting people ;)
  • warpig602warpig602 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    The colors in #1 are truly awesome, its no wonder why it was selected.
    edited August 16, 2010
    Please vote in the Scott Kelby People's Choice Award
    For all those that liked photo #1, I hope it is not too much trouble to ask for your vote in the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk People's Choice award. Unfortunately, I did not place in the top 10 (of 1112 entrieseek7.gif). Now it comes down to this one last award.
    Vote by going to the site below and scrolling down to Boston. Then click on the appropriate star level for the photo.
    THANKS!
    E

link: http://worldwidephotowalk.com/peoples-choice/page/2
  • Photog4ChristPhotog4Christ Registered Users Posts: 716 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    eoren1 wrote: »
    For all those that liked photo #1, I hope it is not too much trouble to ask for your vote in the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk People's Choice award. Unfortunately, I did not place in the top 10 (of 1112 entrieseek7.gif). Now it comes down to this one last award.
    Vote by going to the site below and scrolling down to Boston. Then click on the appropriate star level for the photo.
    THANKS!
    E

link: http://worldwidephotowalk.com/peoples-choice/page/2

Done! :)