Options

Upgrade cost from Power to Pro?

Free Range OtterFree Range Otter Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited August 11, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi all - this is probably a simple question. I am considering upgrading from Power to Pro. On the SmugMug site I see that a new user choosing the Pro option will pay something like $149; is there a discounted price for upgrading from Power to Pro? Or, if I pay the full $149 would the prorated portion of my Power payment be refunded? What's the best way to upgrade?

Comments

• Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    If you go to the Control Panel, on the settings page you'll see an Upgrade Options link right next to your account type.

According to that page "The upgrade cost is pro-rated for the rest of your yearly subscription. Next year, the full new rate will be charged rather than your current rate."

And it's also telling me my cost to upgrade to Pro right now is 82.76 (149.95-59.95 puts the upgrade cost at 90, and it's been a month since I renewed so it's pro-rated just a touch lower...)
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    Free Range OtterFree Range Otter Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 11, 2010
    rsquared wrote: »
    If you go to the Control Panel, on the settings page you'll see an Upgrade Options link right next to your account type.

According to that page "The upgrade cost is pro-rated for the rest of your yearly subscription. Next year, the full new rate will be charged rather than your current rate."

And it's also telling me my cost to upgrade to Pro right now is 82.76 (149.95-59.95 puts the upgrade cost at 90, and it's been a month since I renewed so it's pro-rated just a touch lower...)

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for.