Options

mointor calibrator...

LeeLeeMelisLeeLeeMelis Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited August 13, 2010 in Finishing School
I'm looking into finally calibrating my monitor. I see that the Huey is on SM, anything for or against the Huey? Any other products you would recommend?

Thanks!
Melissa:-)

Comments

• Options
    Ken112Ken112 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    After calibration the Huey sits on your desk and monitors the room light. I didn't want more stuff on my desk so I got the Spyder 3 Express. The Spyder 3 worked fine until I purchased a second monitor and found that I could only profile one display at a time. I sold the Spyder 3 and got the Pantone Eye-One Display 2. I'm very happy with the Eye-one.

Ken
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited August 11, 2010
    I1D2 rocks!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Ray FRay F Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I've started calibrating with a spyder2 express a few years ago. Worked fine. With some hacking it was even possible to calibrate a dual monitor set up. Nevertheless i bought a spyder 3 elite this year and that works great. Not only does it calibrate multiple monitors you can also studio match them so all your screens will look the same (more or less). And the new software (v4) works great too!

I'm sure the huey is fine too. but i'm plenty happy with my spyder. It's up to you to place it on the desk to monitor the ambient light.
    Raymond

My site
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I had a Huey Pro, and it was nothing but trouble. I actually went through 2 of them, and neither one ever worked properly, always leaving a cast on my (good quality) monitor. I got a Spyder 3 express a few months ago, and it works well (but is single monitor only as mentioned above). The Spyder 3 series does have other models that doe multi-monitor.

I'm staying away from Pantone completly now because their tech support on the Huey Pro was very poor.
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I’d avoid the huey if your budget allows for you to go instead with the EyeOne Display-2.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    LeeLeeMelisLeeLeeMelis Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    Thanks guys, I'll let you know what I go with!