More: Man With A Briefcase

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 12, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a few more shots of the 50' "Man With A Briefcase" sculpture by Jonathan Borofsky, in downtown Fort Worth, TX
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    That sculpture is certainly an interesting object. I get a sense, though, that it's not the easiest thing in the world to photograph....I don't think the setting is very helpful in that regard either.

With that said, however, I think the second shot here is exceptional. The fact that the man appears in white at the top and dark at the bottom helps a lot to create a really dynamic picture. There's a sense of tension here that pulls me right into the scene. Bravoclap.gif.

The prize, though, has to go to that last shot. The imagination to capture that particular vision, and the skill of presentation is off the chart. Truly outstanding.....world-class.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    That sculpture is certainly an interesting object. I get a sense, though, that it's not the easiest thing in the world to photograph....I don't think the setting is very helpful in that regard either.

With that said, however, I think the second shot here is exceptional. The fact that the man appears in white at the top and dark at the bottom helps a lot to create a really dynamic picture. There's a sense of tension here that pulls me right into the scene. Bravoclap.gif.

The prize, though, has to go to that last shot. The imagination to capture that particular vision, and the skill of presentation is off the chart. Truly outstanding.....world-class.

Tom

Thank you Tom for your kind words and for your in-depth analysis of the images thumb.gif

I have to fess-up here, and give credit where credit is due...
    I didn't even notice the window reflection at first, Craig pointed it out to me. But I did do the rest 9496500-Ti.gifrofl
    Randy
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    Masterful, Randy.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
    edited August 11, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Masterful, Randy.

Thanks for looking and the nice comment John!
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Howdy Randy,

Those really turned out great, and I have to say you captured
    the perfect composition of Reflection in the Window.

Very nicely done,
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited August 12, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Randy,

Those really turned out great, and I have to say you captured
    the perfect composition of Reflection in the Window.

Very nicely done,

Thank you Craig,

I think it turned out nice, thanks for pointing the reflection out to me thumb.gif
    Randy