Options

Kids

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 17, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Anybody shooting kids birthday parties? Do you charge by the hour or do you have a package price? What if parents want portraits?
Any info would be helpful as I am thinking of trying this out....and no I'm not totally crazy!

Comments

• Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I typically quote an hourly rate and give the parents access to the digitals. I usually get very good referral business from the parents who see the photos of their kids and want family portraits. If I charge for prints the profits are small since the pictures of children with cake smeared all over them are cute but not something they want to frame.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I do a package that includes 2 hours and the digital images. They pay an extra hourly rate for time above that. I also have a package that includes a portrait shoot outside the party time. They save about $75 by booking them together.

Caroline
  • Options
    PhoenixOrionPhoenixOrion Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I just did two in a row and charged hourly since most were candid/casual shots. For parties, I won't offer prints unless parents request posed photos.
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    For a party I charge 2-hour minimum plus additional hourly after that. Deliver CD/DVD. I also warn customers about using local print services like Walmart that automatically correct the photos and mention ezprints as an alternative for THEM to use.