Used Gear at B&H Photo

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited August 13, 2010 in Cameras
Have to give credit where it's due.

I bought a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 from the used shop at B&H. It came quickly and was exactly as described. As it turned out, I decided it did not suit, so I called them for a return authorization, which was promptly and curteously provided. I shipped it back, and within a week of shipping, was refunded my payment. :thumb

It is really gratifying to have a transaction with a vendor go this smoothly. I thought the experience worth sharing since, when things DON'T work out so nicely, we don't hesitate to body-slam offending vendors.
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• craig_dcraig_d Registered Users Posts: 911 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    I've never had any trouble with B&H or Adorama. Never needed to return anything, though. Good to hear that the return went well.
    http://craigd.smugmug.com

Got bored with digital and went back to film.
  • BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    +1 for BH. They just recd my business for a new d300s due to their stellar service regarding my 50mm 1.4. I have usually bitten the bullet and purchased locally but after my experience with BH I will never buy a body elsewhere.
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I had the same experience with B&H recently. I ordered and received the Nikon 18-105 VR lens and I just couldn't get excited over it's performance. I e-mailed them, they sent me a return authorization, I shipped it back, and I too had my money back in about 7-10 days, no questions asked..

I know there are vendors of equal quality out there, but given my experiences with B&H, I have no desire to order from anyone else. B&H is just too darned reliable.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged