Options

Metal Print question

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited August 12, 2010 in Finishing School
Have read good things on here about Bays Metal prints.........

Are those of you getting metal Prints getting them with pointy corners or rounded?

Are the pointy corners sharp enuff to break skin easily?

T.I.A.......
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    The ones through Smugmug are all rounded...which I'm thankful for. Ordering direct through Bay Photo you have the option for square corners.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2010
    Rounded. Not Sharp. Awesome.
  • Options
    edited August 11, 2010
    So everyone is ordering thru SM and getting rounded corners since that is what is oofered thru SM........Ok
    Now wondering my very conservative mid western clientele will even consider a round cornered photograph
    to hang on their walls..........

Thanx for the responses........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,277 moderator
    edited August 12, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    So everyone is ordering thru SM and getting rounded corners since that is what is oofered thru SM........
    Art -
    One of my colleagues ordered some metal prints directly through Bay. I found it interesting that he chose the same options that the metal prints ordered through smug have - rounded corners, mounting block.

I suppose if you want to frame a metal print you would want square corners, but I'm very happy hanging them unframed.

--- Denise
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    So everyone is ordering thru SM and getting rounded corners since that is what is oofered thru SM........Ok
    Now wondering my very conservative mid western clientele will even consider a round cornered photograph

Art, I had to go over to mine and check it to see that it was round. It is! So round in this case is certainly relative...round as in you can hardly tell, but glad it is!
    tom wise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010

It's barely noticeable, Art.

metalprints-detail.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 12, 2010
    Thanx everyone greatly appreciate all the responses..................