Senior Pics

WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited August 14, 2010 in People
Here are some senior photos from a recent shoot. Whacha think?

I don't know what happened to the watermark on these...must have hit a wrong setting. :scratch

She has a skin condition that gives her a really red complexion so I had to deal with that in post processing. Cute kid and fun to work with!

p960183971-4.jpg

p706058205-4.jpg

p911380107-4.jpg

p828694825-5.jpg

p999330699-4.jpg
Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook

Comments

• FstoplifeFstoplife Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I really like number 3!! I love the composition and the lighting.
    Flickr My, not quite there yet, website

~This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.~
  • CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I think they are beautiful! I'm sure she will love them!
    Chris
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Thank you for the comments! She was head over heels about them and her mom said that she almost cried...I will take that. There were about 25 total photos that I presented to them. Now I am hoping some of her friends see these on Facebook and want to get theirs done.
    Michael

Facebook
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    #1 and #3 are the winners for me. Very nice job. I can see why she was thrilled.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Your lighting seems a little flat meaning coming in from the front/overhead and not giving much direction to it. You typicially like to see a light side of the face and a somewhat darker side to give depth. The overhead light darkens the socket of the eyes and gives a black eye appearance.
    Three is the best for my choice. But watch out for the sausage appearance of clasped fingers, better to lay one hand over the other.
    In #4 whenever the hands touch the face they should barely touch. If you rest your head on the hands it tends to pouch out the cheeks.
    I really like the idea of #1 quite abit but the chair overpowers the mood. A more simpler background would make her really dramatic.
    I hope this helps.
    edited August 13, 2010
    Ridgetop: thanks for the comments! I appreciate it.

Charles: Thank you for the tips and comments. As I was processing these I was thinking the same thing about the light an the eye sockets...the wind was blowing and I was trying to work fast between gusts but that is still no excuse. I see what you are saying about the fingers..I will keep an eye on that next time. I am proud of myself because I caught the face on the hands thing and explained what I wanted to see and why. She did that for the next couple of poses but this one still came out the best. Again, thank you very much for the feedback! I will take your comments to heart and work them into my next shoot.

Mike
    Michael

Facebook
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    Great set Wachel, I really enjoyed the series! Hackbone, you are wonderful to point out some very good points (which I also need to remember to keep in mind myself). I'm also voting for #3 as the best shot. I'm sure the pp was hard for the skintone, but you did a great job! That is super they were thrilled, I'd be too :) Thanks for posting.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I'm not as serious a nit-picker of other folks' shots as I am of my own. I really like this series, and I think you've caught a very sweet, outgoing, thoughtful teenager. If that's not who she is, then the two of you perpetrated a very effective fraud mwink.gif.

It is very helpful to me to read the criticisms by more discerning photographers who see things that just don't register with me the first time through.

I do have one general comment though. I think the color renderings would all benefit from a tad more saturation.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Wonderful set, you captured some great expressions.
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    #3 is my fave in the series...
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    edited August 14, 2010
    Thank you all for the comments! #3 was her favorite as well. The photos above are just a selection from a total of over 20 that I presented to her.

I feel this is my best set I have done so far. I was having fun messing around with the processing in Aperture 3. I didn't even have to go to Photoshop!
    Michael

Facebook