862724519_uNpPB-XL-1.jpg

897872963_otW75-XL.jpg

867642929_dZRJz-XL.jpg

962088346_38rbT-XL.jpg

970443568_sjKWg-XL.jpg

Comments

• RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    #1 and #2 are excellent (I'm a fan of well done HDR so find these very nice - assuming that's the processing you used). #3 not so much, but I can't really find anything wrong with it. I love #2 but the blurring in the lower right hand corner distracts me a little bit. The smiles you captured on those little girls is great. Especially the girl with the blue hood. Very nice!

My only nitpick on #1 is the halo around her hair. Otherwise I like it a lot.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    2nd one is adorable and well done! 1st one is not my cup of tea at all.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Lucius is a great tool. Watch out if you go to windows 7 it will not work, at least on my pc it will not. I will need to go to the newer much more expensive version to work with 7.
  • DavremdaliDavremdali Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Lucius is a great tool. Watch out if you go to windows 7 it will not work, at least on my pc it will not. I will need to go to the newer much more expensive version to work with 7.

Hello Hackbone, I am actually using Windows 7...No problem yet.
    Reynaldo Williams
    www.creativephotoimagesllc.com
    www.creativephotoimages.smugmug.com
    edited August 12, 2010
    Do you have the new (expensive version) or the older (much, much less expensive version)?
  • asprinasprin Banned Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    Qarik wrote: »
    2nd one is adorable and well done! 1st one is not my cup of tea at all.

words up!
    edited August 13, 2010
    Do you have the new (expensive version) or the older (much, much less expensive version)?

Charles, I have LucisArt 3 ED a step down from the 3 SE which has more features and I must say that it is quite expensive. I only wish that LucisArt had more options rather than just the two slide buttons. I also use Nik Color Efex Pro and photoshop. I some times will do a ONE image Raw HDR and then place into LucisArt.

Reynaldo Williams
    www.facebook.com/Reynaldo_Williams
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I agree with Daniel. #2 is great, although the blur in the bottom right corner is a little distracting. The other 2 images aren't working for me.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    if lucis art was more affordable, i'd definitely give it a go..
    Or, at least, if they had full blows Demos.. but they are too closeminded, so my business avoids them.

good shots, though
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited August 13, 2010
    Reynaldo

I have the older version which was very reasonably priced and when I first switched to windows 7 it would not work. Since you said you were using it I tried it again and today it works......thanks for getting me to try it again.
  • 22shooter22shooter Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    I like the first one a lot, excellent composition and treatment, looks like an Orton effect. The third one isn't working for me, I think because of the distracting detail in the wall. An affordable alternative to Lucis is Topaz Adjust. I think it does just about everything Lucis does, and a lot more for a lot less money.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2010
    the BEST software i've ever used was Imagenomic.. but they do not support mac :(
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
    edited August 13, 2010
    Reynaldo

I have the older version which was very reasonably priced and when I first switched to windows 7 it would not work. Since you said you were using it I tried it again and today it works......thanks for getting me to try it again.

Your welcome Charles. It appears that windows 7 tends to make software work much better than Vista.

Reynaldo Williams