Options

Fall River Pass - Rocky Mountain NP

DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
edited August 29, 2005 in Landscapes
This was taken this morning in Rocky Mountain National Park. It was 45 degrees F at the pass. It's really neat to find these little lakes over 11,000 feet.

33755136-L.jpg
Dixie
Photographs by Dixie
| Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!

Comments

• Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Beautiful Dixie. I like that you made this portrait instead of landscape, it gives you a sense of how high things are I think, if that makes any sense.

Nick
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Looks like a beautiful place. Thnxs for sharing Dixie. Great to have you posting again..
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Looks like packhorse country
    Enjoying these - esp the wildlife ones in Nature, like the coyote, busy about his own business.
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2005
    Dixe
    Beautiful photo looks like a great escape

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    Beautiful Dixie. I like that you made this portrait instead of landscape, it gives you a sense of how high things are I think, if that makes any sense.

Nick
    Nick, wish I could take credit for that insight. However, the Old Fall River Road passed by to the left of the pond and I had to go vertical to keep it out of the frame. Sometimes, you just have to go with what you're given. :):
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Looks like a beautiful place. Thnxs for sharing Dixie. Great to have you posting again..
    Thanks, 4labs. It's nice to have the time to get back on the board again.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    Enjoying these - esp the wildlife ones in Nature, like the coyote, busy about his own business.
    Thanks, Possum. ...and he was a busy critter. Within the space of 10 minutes he had grab a black-billed magpie and two field mice and gobbled them all down. No table manners at all. ...and he was still on the prowl.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Beautiful photo looks like a great escape

Thanks
    Fred
    Thanks, Fred. I must admit that I'm having fun. Lots of good wildlife here as well with plenty of photo ops for shooting them. I've never seen so many bull elks before in my life, but those bighorn sheep sure have been elusive.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie