To Be or Not to Be, that is the question...

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited August 15, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Not a Thespian photo at all, but you'll see why...

Well, seeing as it is dark outside, late at night, and pouring down, macro was not high on the agenda, so I turned to "still life" for something to do.

My daughter has so many pens and pencils, and pencils and pens, and more pencils, all around the house. When not thrown haphazardly across the bedroom floor, or thrown across the desktops downstairs and upstairs, she sometimes actually puts them away where they are meant to put.

These are from her best set of pencils (still not expensive ones) which are meant to live in one of those little wooden carry-cases, and remarkably, when I was looking around for a photographic subject, I saw when opening the wooden case that she had actually managed to put them all in!

After carefully rotating each pencil so the letters were facing where I wanted them, I set the camera up, and took the photo.

The light of the living room bulb introduced a colour cast (but I shoot RAW anyway) but I figured it was always going to be a monochrome image anyway, so it was converted to black and white.

Tripod mounted, on the Sigma 105 set to a nice wide aperture (tried various until happy) and triggered by remote cable and using Live View.

C&C as always appreciated.

Exif:

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 550D
Lens: 105mm
Image Date: 2010-08-13 22:14:18 +0000
Focal Length: 105mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 1.000 s
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: -1.00 EV
Metering Mode: Matrix