B&W Trees

22shooter22shooter Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited August 14, 2010 in Landscapes
Trees in a park near my house. I see rhythms, the GF does not. C&C?

schenleyparktreesbwcopy.jpg

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    i don't see anything to latch onto, frankly... no one thing stands out as the focal point of the image...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    I'm sorry, I've looked at this picture for a while and just can't find anything that catches my eye. I want to like it......not sure what I would do to make it more interesting though.
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    ^^ Concur. One thing I do when I post process my photos is pay attention to where my eyes latch on to. I usually do this after about 2 days to a week after I take the photo to get rid of any surface preconceptions. If I have any deep rooted ideas, then there is not much I could do about it.

I kept coming back to see something but honestly I just don't. As an abstract it may pass. What does it look like in color?

As I have recently learned - Light, Color, and Gesture are what make a photo. Think about it. What ooos and ahhhs the crowds and then gets them to think about your message. You need a hook. I don't see it here.
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture
  • 22shooter22shooter Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    [QUOTE=Robbug;1440147 As an abstract it may pass. What does it look like in color?[/QUOTE]

Thanks to all for the comments, much appreciated and well-taken. What interested me about the scene was the was how some of the tree trunks, especially those on the left, leaned or curved to the left at about a 45 degree angle, while others leaned or curved to the right, and it gave me an overall feeling of movement, almost like dancers on a dance floor, and it kind of led my eye back and forth across the image. Apparently I am pretty much alone in that interpretation. :D

Now I have to tell the GF she was right and admit that I'm not Jackson Pollock after all :) Maybe I'll see if I can rework it so that what I was feeling is more apparent. Again, thanks for the feedback. Here is the color version...

schenleyparktreescolor.jpg