Urban Pregnancy Shoot .... Something different for once ...

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited September 4, 2010 in People
I had a little photo shoot with one of my photo friends, it was real fun (we actually exchanged preg shoots). She wanted to include her family and take them in an urban setting, so here's what we came up with :lust

(sorry Quarik, I know you commented on this / but had to delete the original thread as I was too lazy and wanted to copy the images from my blog, but they ended up all messed up, so had to start over again :dunno Thanks for your comment tough :lust)

1:
967756722_Ugrap-L.jpg

2:
967757237_3E9AU-L.jpg

3: Yup, burned her face a bit in the pic on the left :cry
967757455_LqMvs-L.jpg

4: Cutie pie
967758399_F28rC-L.jpg

5: Uhm, in the original version the pic on the left isn't alll that red :scratch Love the one on the right tough :D
967758677_QadRW-L.jpg

6: I think this one is my favorite from the day
967758946_zyQku-L.jpg

7:
967759186_5LSwz-L.jpg

8: Might have to re-adjust the colors in this one:
967759565_LVxE6-L.jpg

9: The light on the pic on the right is actually a reflection from an other building next to us .... yumminess :D
967759898_M6yBe-L.jpg

10:
967760117_S9Wep-L.jpg

11: She kept talking to the little sister in mommy's belly, it was really cute :D
967760251_xQPrE-L.jpg

12: A different family photo :D
967760607_HyHHm-L.jpg

13:
967761399_WuAkp-L.jpg

14:
967761701_XcPyV-L.jpg

15:
967762265_yscyZ-L.jpg

16:
967762816_5abGd-L.jpg

17:
967763202_NZZ2y-L.jpg

18:
967765032_S8hBp-L.jpg

19:
967766017_GRtjU-L.jpg

c&c welcome :wave

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Wow Angie, you really out did yourself on this set. Absolutely love every single one. Very different that your typical low key preg shoot done in studio. That location is awesome. That building is an outstanding backdrop. If I have to choose favorites, then they are 1, 4, 6 & 14
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Beautiful series. The setting is fantastic! Really love the #12 family shot.
  • warpig602warpig602 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Truly beautiful. It is nice to see something different! 4, 6 and 12 are my favorites.
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Excellent set Angie. I love the colors and the processing. Very well done. The couple should be very happy with these.

Cheers,
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Absolutely gorgeous. I love, love, love 6 and 14!
    Kristen
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Old grungy buildings with brick and fire escapes for a backdrop for preggo photos... Oh, natural background texture... I love thee.

You can tell the little girl is a photographers kid... she sure knows how to work the camera!

The whole set is FUN!
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Wonderful belly pictures :D Fun stuff Angie...bet they love them.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Great shots Angie. Took me a second to recognize the venues - great use of the ICA! I'm pretty sure I've been in those back alleys too...
    E
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Thanks guyyysssss :D

Haha, good eye eoren!! Yup the other stuff was in South Boston, near the Pos Parking lots across the big Post office :D

Thanks for all the comments iloveyou.gif
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    These photos look freaking awesome! I do think her belly looks too white in a couple...like it doesn't match the rest of her. But that is such a small nit that I almost didn't mention it.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I'm definately going to confer! You certainly outdid yourself with these!!!!!!! Your location and pp are awesome!!! Nice work :) BEEEAUUUTIFUL!
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Saw these a day or two ago and didn't get the chance to comment. Another unbelievable set, Angie! Too often a great deal of Pregnancy shoots don't convey the belly too well. Big, loose shirts that don't show the shape or size or odd angles that prevent it as well. These, however, scream "look at me, babyyyyyy!". :D

I feel like I HAVE to say something, though. Ok, here comes the soapbox...

You mentioned in #3 that you blew the face a bit. In a lab, or in front of your computer, or cropped-in for enlargement, or "technically speaking"...yes, you did. But my Lord, look at your style, look at your compositions, look at your creativity, look at your post-work, look at the envy contained in the responses. WAYYYY too often we, well not necessarily me, but more than we should....get caught up in technical perfection. I will always try my best to convey feeling and mood over pixels and data any day! Of course that material has to be there to begin with in order to have an image, but not at the expense of a perfectly wonderful image that would otherwise look incredible unless under the "microscope". I too, would have noticed it but in all likelihood, not cared as I'm sure the clients don't. At first glance to the everyday eye, there's not a single thing unpleasing about that photo. HERE'S MY DISCLAIMER....I know you probably mentioned it because you were posting it here, and realized that someone would have caught it and brought it up. That being said, you have a style that is just superb and one that I will continue to enjoy. From the perspective of #3, her "brighter than technically normal over-exposed f-stop allowable skin-toned face"....is just fine.

...and 12 simply ROCKS!
    edited August 16, 2010
    Wowzer. Thanks for allll the nice replies, I am glad you guys like this set, it's always a bit nervewracking to have an other photographer in front of your camera, but at the same time it's a lot of fun and since most clients always just want the same, it's nice to be doign something different - for once :D

I always wanted to shoot in that location, but never found a willing victim rolleyes1.gif Haha. Love the fact that you guys like #12. I am glad they were willing to get up there, the stairs were a bit shady looking, haha!

Wachel: I totally agree ... point taken. These are just a quick edit. The deal was that she get's all the RAWs and I only process a few so she knows what I had in mind :D BUT, I totally agree, the belly could use some more work. (It actually really was that white, and if it would have been an other client I might have darkened it, so it doesn't "stick out" quite as much. thumb.gif

Darren Troy: Oh my ... haha. You are way too kind. THANK YOU! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the photos. The light at that fire stair case was just wayyyyy too yummy to ignore. I knew that it was only her that had all the light on her face, and I kind of thought at the moment that I am probably screwing it up a bit. I actually think the face can be saved, I didn't burn the *entire* face + you don't really see it quite as well anyway, since she's "so far away" ... and I just didn't feel like tossing that one in the trash :D

Thanks you guyyyssss!!! iloveyou.gif
  • bitwise95bitwise95 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Urban Pregnancy Shoot .... Something different for once ...
    Excellent series. I love the creativity. Are all the shots natural light? Any modifiers?
    edited August 16, 2010
    Yup, all natural thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Angie,
    great series, forealz! thumb.gifbowdown.giflust
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited August 17, 2010
    Ha! Thanks Nik!! iloveyou.gif
  • trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    I really like the angle on #1 and #8. You have such a unique perspective, love the colors in all these.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Wow, some really cool compositions and settings I must say. They're all so good it's hard to pick a fave. Great work!
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • BreNixonBreNixon Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    In love with 14!
    edited September 4, 2010
    Thanks you guys. All your comments mean a lot to me. iloveyou.gif
    She'll be induced on Sept 10th, 6 more days to go (poor thing was ready for a while now) .... can't wait to meet the little one, unfortunately I will most likely not be taking photos of the little girl (guess the photographer-mommy will be happy to take over again lol3.gif)