Another Rose

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Aside from one little spec cloned out, this was SOOC with 5D2 and 85L @ f/2.2. That lens had issues and I sent it back. I NEED to buy another one, they have "magic dust" in them. The colors they produce are impressive!
Randy

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    I love the color and warmth.

Sam

ps: What kind of issues did you have with the 85 f1.2L? This is on my list to buy. I'm just waiting for the local 7-11 store to have enough in the register. :D
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    I love the color and warmth.

Sam

ps: What kind of issues did you have with the 85 f1.2L? This is on my list to buy. I'm just waiting for the local 7-11 store to have enough in the register. :D

Hey Sam,

I purchased a used copy of the Mark I, but the focus was so far off, I had to Micro-Adjust it in my 5D2 to the MAX. It spooked me what it might cost to have Canon fix it, so I sent it back.

I'm going to buy a new 85L MkII as soon as I get the clams!

The short while I had the lens, it produced pictures SOOC that I've never experienced before, yes, that even includes my 135L.

BTW, I have an excellent copy of the 85 f/1.8, and while it's a good lens, it's worlds apart from the 85L as to the images it produces. YMMV

Your going to really enjoy that lens when you get it!
    Randy
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Thanks for the input. I just bought a 135L from Olga on the Dgrin buy sell and should be getting it by the end of next week.

As for the 85L............that's probably gona be awhile.

Sam
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Beautiful photo Randy -- the color is really good. Wish I could get photos like that without any editing. Heck...I'd be happy to get photos like that with editing :D