Options

bang bang | second shotted

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited August 19, 2010 in Weddings
I can't post the photos other then on my blog, but if you don't mind clicking, here's another wedding: http://blog.krisfulk.com/weddings/icing-on-top-houston-wedding-photography

CC is always appreciated, but I know it's a pain without numbers -_-

PS. For some reason, photo #2 is showing a different pic on the thumbnail.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 16, 2010
    I'll change it later tonight to take out the thumbnails and just post the photos like I normally do on the blog. That totally failed, didn't it.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Kris,

I can tell you 2nd shotted..haha..I ran into the same issue. Lots of good candid stuff of guests, very few straigth up shots of the bride and groom. Your processing..I kinda like it but not sure if it is very commercial.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2010
    Wait, you can't tell I'm channeling my inner Jeff Ascough? Laughing.gif, jk - well I mean, yeah I try, but pj is really hard :D Anyway, the processing is experimental. Can you define "not very commercial" please? Do you mean not everyone will like it etc?

And thanks for responding Qarik iloveyou.gifAppreciate that!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Yoooooo...

I like experimental work, but I am not a fan of the reds in the last couple images. I do, however, love the good time vibe I get from the shot of the dudes!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2010
    ... hmmm..

This one, you can do an Andy Warhol take on and it might be nice:

http://blog.krisfulk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Houston-wedding-photographer-241.jpg

at least to me. haha!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited August 16, 2010
    Gotcha! Thanks, Moogle :)

PS. My inner Donna Newman failed too, then, Laughing.gif. I'm glad I have the opportunity to try these things rolleyes1.gifI might try the processing again with a more subtle hand in my next set.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    marikris wrote: »
    Wait, you can't tell I'm channeling my inner Jeff Ascough? Laughing.gif, jk - well I mean, yeah I try, but pj is really hard :D Anyway, the processing is experimental. Can you define "not very commercial" please? Do you mean not everyone will like it etc?

And thanks for responding Qarik iloveyou.gifAppreciate that!

For example..I never really appreciated grainy BW images until I got much more experienced with photography. Now I dig them. Your processing is bit edgy and I like them...but that is photographer side in me talking. Commercially it maybe too edgy for main stream which seems to side on airy, bright, vivid these days.

I am not saying there won't be folks who won't be thrilled with your style but it's a bit more artsy (for lack of better term) then typical is all.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Yoooooo...

I like experimental work, but I am not a fan of the reds in the last couple images. I do, however, love the good time vibe I get from the shot of the dudes!

Ohhhh, and I looove the last couple shots, esp the last 2. What yummy lens were you using? iloveyou.gif + I personally LOVE the processing btw!
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Ohhhh, and I looove the last couple shots, esp the last 2. What yummy lens were you using? iloveyou.gif + I personally LOVE the processing btw!

rolleyes1.gifthumb.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I like the processing because it reminds me of old film pictures but it's definitely not a feel for everyone. It's really tugging my nostalgic heart-strings!

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Thank you, guys, appreciate the comments. The reception hall was a very pink and orange-y place, so I just went with it and pushed it a little more. I liked the energy it had, and this wedding had a ton of energy.

Agnieszka, that is pure, unadulterated 135L goodness rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    Thank you, guys, appreciate the comments. The reception hall was a very pink and orange-y place, so I just went with it and pushed it a little more. I liked the energy it had, and this wedding had a ton of energy.

Agnieszka, that is pure, unadulterated 135L goodness rolleyes1.gif

iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
    the 135L
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif
    the 135L

Sharin' the 135L love.... :sweet

Kris, your stuff just keeps growing and getting more and more gorgeous. When are you branching out into 1st-shooting? :D
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Sharin' the 135L love.... :sweet

Kris, your stuff just keeps growing and getting more and more gorgeous. When are you branching out into 1st-shooting? :D

One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! One of us! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Bang-Bang When do you wanna shoot first....

Seriously.....

My son may be close to getting super serious with his girl.

Get your portfolio together and Ill be sure they see it.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Thank you guys so much for the vote of confidence :)

Diva > I promised myself a year of second shooting. I think I'm at my 11 wedding mark, so hoping to do tons more this year!

Unfortunately, a lot of the ones I've done and will do this year are only allowed on my blog and can't use for my portfolio. Sucks for me, but at least I'm shooting.

jeffreaux2 > Yessir! Thanks - I will do that! It'll be a little thin ehehe.
  • Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Thank you guys so much for the vote of confidence :)

Diva > I promised myself a year of second shooting. I think I'm at my 11 wedding mark, so hoping to do tons more this year!

Unfortunately, a lot of the ones I've done and will do this year are only allowed on my blog and can't use for my portfolio. Sucks for me, but at least I'm shooting.

jeffreaux2 > Yessir! Thanks - I will do that! It'll be a little thin ehehe.

Just point them whomever is interested to your blog instead. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2010
    I thought about that. But what do you guys think - will it lower my works' perceived value when they read the words "second shooter"? Will it make them want to contact me? I am still undecided about it.