Options

LR3 auto advance sticking

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited August 15, 2010 in Finishing School
I upgraded to LR3 a couple weeks ago. In LR2, I often used the auto advance feature for sorting and flagging my photos. In LR3, I have auto advance chosen, and when I click a flag for a photo it advances to the next photo but the flag stays chosen, so that if I click the flag again for that next photo, it toggles off. Say I have a bunch of photos in a row that I want flagged...it ends up flagging every other one because it toggles on and off with each advance. It never did this to me in LR2. Is this a bug or can anyone think of something on my end that I could try to remedy this?
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    Hmmm . . . I think I'll go wash my hands so whatever bug you have doesn't end up in my computer. Sounds like a pita, and I don't know how you got it. ne_nau.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Hmmm . . . I think I'll go wash my hands so whatever bug you have doesn't end up in my computer. Sounds like a pita, and I don't know how you got it. ne_nau.gif

No kidding! I've restarted LR a few times and it's worked properly a couple times, very briefly. But it always resorts to this. It does the very opposite of what it should do...be quick, helpful and convenient. Now I have to spend twice the time just dealing with flags that don't end up on the right photos. rolleyes1.gif If I go back to the previously flagged photo and then click on the next photo manually, the flag will reset itself. So. Frustrating.
    Elaine

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Elaine wrote: »
    In LR3, I have auto advance chosen, and when I click a flag for a photo it advances to the next photo but the flag stays chosen, so that if I click the flag again for that next photo, it toggles off.

This is not the behavior I’m seeing on LR3 RC on Mac. With Auto Advance on, clicking P places a Pick on the image and advances to the next image without that 2nd image having a Pick set. Did you upgrade to the RC candidate released about 2 weeks ago?
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2010
    arodney wrote: »
    This is not the behavior I’m seeing on LR3 RC on Mac. With Auto Advance on, clicking P places a Pick on the image and advances to the next image without that 2nd image having a Pick set. Did you upgrade to the RC candidate released about 2 weeks ago?

I downloaded LR3 (for PC) around the 20th of July. I don't know what RC means?
    Elaine

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Elaine wrote: »
    I downloaded LR3 (for PC) around the 20th of July. I don't know what RC means?

RC (Release Candidate). 3.2 RC is pretty new:

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Lightroom_3.2
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2010
    OK...I've downloaded LR 3.2 RC. I've restarted my computer. And still...when I click the white flag to show the first photo in a series as a keeper, it applies the white flag (yay!), it auto advances to the next photo (yay!), and it shows the white flag as still selected on the tool bar, even though I haven't chosen a flag for that photo yet (BOO!). It's the same for the reject flag. If I click the flag again, it toggles off and moves to the next photo. Click the flag again, it applies the flag and moves to the next photo...and so on. I have a lot of pictures to sort through after a couple vacations and this is one of my favorite features of LR and now it's driving me crazy!
    Elaine

• Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Not really an answer to why it's doing that (because I've never used that method...), but have you tried using the keyboard shortcuts instead? P for pick and X for reject...
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I had some weirdness like that with LR2 (still not up to LR3) and going to the keyboard shortcuts made them not an issue for me.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact