Fall Colors At Echo Lake, VT

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited August 23, 2010 in Landscapes
While my wife and I certainly will be enjoying the rest of the summer, fall is coming! So, just for a preview, here are some fall photos I took at Echo Lake in October, 2008. Echo Lake is located on Rt 100 mostly in Ludlow VT.

[Photos (C) 2008 Arthur L. Gonyea]

1. From the highway. Taken on a chilly morning. I slightly warmed up the white balance to emphasize the leaf colors.
873762963_qgijF-L.jpg

2. This was shot a little after sunrise from the south tip of the lake, and the fog made it look almost ethereal.

874572224_Frswt-L.jpg

3. An almost-perfect reflection of the foliage and rocks on the shore of Echo Lake. This was also taken on the same morning.
874571001_azYPL-L.jpg

4. And, finally, a wide panorama of the lake as seen from the south tip, near a local inn.

970255828_unV3k-L.jpg

I hope you enjoyed these photos. More fall foliage from this gallery can be seen at:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Nature-Landscapes/Fall-Foliage-1/12256753_tvZud#873762963_qgijF

Thanks for looking,

Lynne and Art

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    A very beautiful area for sure, great shots.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I really like the first shot. The others are very nice also, but #1 just reaches out and grabs me.

I've yet to master the fall colors shots... or just haven't been in the right place at the right time. Got to find a lake for reflections!!! :andy

Great work!
    Doug Vaughn
    http://www.dougvaughn.com
    Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Beautiful, and the low fog really makes it stand out.

I missed the year in your post and was shocked the foliage was that colorful already!
  • zentricksterzentrickster Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    I have a place very close to Echo Lake...

Woke up to this

My photo taking skliz are so lacking.. I bow to you that have the eye and the touch...
  • jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Hi Good shots, love the 3rd & 4rth images. I grew up in Springfield about 15 miles from Ludlow, Now living in Whiting Maine, I can't wait until this fall. I have not shot a folliage seen in three yrs, Living out in Santa Barbara CA until last Nov. No color there, So I am going to start here in Maine and work my way down to VT. I do have some older fall shots you can view on my site.
    Jovitta
    wwwjeffovittphotography.com
    BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
    http://jeffovittphotography.com
    Member; NANPA
    Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
    Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Beautiful colors and pictures!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    ah, the lovely fall colors of New England... would that i could travel there to enjoy - and photograph! - in person. since i can't your images serve as a beautiful reminder that my favorite season of all is just around the corner... thanks for posting!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com