Baby Blues

l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
edited August 17, 2010 in People
Hi DGrinners, it's been a while since I've posted, life is just crazy right now.

Here's a few from my session Friday morning, Mom said she'd been burned twice by photographers in the past, one of which fussed at her when her child (who's suffered from reflex all of his sweet short life) spit up on the photog's blanket. I had him in a bowl with a rug and my beloved tie around his neck sans diaper and it all got christened and I just laughed it off. Whatever, that's what a washer/dryer is for.

Anyway, here's a few from Friday:

1. Such a little MAN!
4891955268_d15141f720_z.jpg

2. Mom's favorite hat on him, with those big blue eyes, I can see why
4891359111_c3051449ce_z.jpg

3. Sweet, sleepy baby. Got the blanket as a wedding present and I'm not sure if I love sleeping under it or using it as a prop more.
4891958748_039335ac7f_z.jpg

4. When my actions were done with this and the windows were moved out of the way, I was brought to tears by this one
4891362503_48a4b690c9_z.jpg

5. In the words of Michelle Tanner -- "Cooool, Dude!!"
4891962112_9c34d58c82_z.jpg

C/C appreciated!

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    SO cute!!! Beautiful job! On #4, there seems to be a strip of white canvas/background on the left side? I think my fave is #2, but it's a tough call!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Gorgeous work!
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Thanks, ladies!

I didn't notice the spot in the background, I was too distracted by his cute face to see it. I'll clone it out. They were taken in mom's living room so it was a challenge to be aware if his expressions and the background at the same time.

And I can't pick a favorite either, he was such a doll!
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Amazing work! I am glad that you came through for this poor lady after she was burned by others. Some people!
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    These are precious!! Yup, recrop #4 to get rid of what seems to be an inital crop line for the square..I love the browns! That one with the hat is to die for! CUTE little guy and great shots!
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Well, she didn't get burned by you. What kind of sourpuss gets upset about a baby spitting up? Jeeze, if that's your mindset, don't shoot kids.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Beautiful. Love #5.... Tones on 4 are gorgeous, and those eyes on #2 are amazing!
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited August 16, 2010
    The funky crop on the fourth one came from my phone, I think. I uploaded it to flickr from my phone and I think that's where it flipped out on me. She won't get that crop, promise.

You guys are so sweet! Thanks everybody for the sweet words!
    edited August 16, 2010
    Here's a few more - I was so entranced with his eyes that I edited this session and had her gallery online less than 48 hours after leaving her house. They only got a slight saturation and contrast boost, they really are *this* captivating.

1. Christening gown - had to take advantage of the white outfit bouncing light back into his face. Yes, his eyes really look like that.
    Window

2. Love me some hats!
    Hand-knitted

3. Piercing eyes.
    Go Away!

He's going to be a heartbreaker in a few years!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Love number three, but the blanket is getting kind of funky up front...like you pushed the "Exposure offset slider" a little much. If you didn't, it's one thing that you got to watch our for. Also, in number 3, I'd like to see the baby moved to the right. I think there is too muhc dead space in that area. My favorite is 4...it's the money shot...in MHO...

Good work...I know you have restored the mother's faith in photograhers...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited August 16, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Love number three, but the blanket is getting kind of funky up front...like you pushed the "Exposure offset slider" a little much. If you didn't, it's one thing that you got to watch our for. Also, in number 3, I'd like to see the baby moved to the right. I think there is too muhc dead space in that area. My favorite is 4...it's the money shot...in MHO...

Good work...I know you have restored the mother's faith in photograhers...

Thanks for the critique - looks like I only pushed it up by 1/3 of a stop, wonder if it's just the DOF messing it up.

i'm leaning more towards #4 myself, too -- I didn't realize both of his little hands were curled up like that until i was editing it, he did NOT like that pose, so I clicked hoping he'd hold it long enough and he did!

Mom hired two photographers to shoot him, the first one fussed at her for him spitting up on the blanket and the other she just wasn't impressed with - at ALL. I only saw a few pictures of him scattered around the house while I was there and they both looked like point and shoot shots, hopefully I can help change the decor a bit :)
  • ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I love 1 and 2 in the first batch, but all are a million times better than anything I've taken of my 4-year-old. Nice work.
    edited August 17, 2010
    ows4428 wrote: »
    I love 1 and 2 in the first batch, but all are a million times better than anything I've taken of my 4-year-old. Nice work.

Haha, they're better than what Ive taken of my six year old and he gets a photo shoot every few months. We took him downtown for a shoot in the spring and I only had about 40 keepers - I had 59 for this little guy after shooting for about 3 hours on and off.