Need help and answers!!!

RWilliamsonRWilliamson Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited August 15, 2010 in Cameras
OK............ So I was getting ready to shoot senior pictures last night, and as I was putting my flashcard into my d300, the card ejext button went straight down. I had to pull it back up with my fingers. Now it will not take a flash card? Anyone know how to fix, or about what it will cost to fix??? Im really disappointed. The family drove 3 hours to get pictures done....:dunno

Comments

• BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    First, there is probably a broken piece in the body itself. Second, it won't accept a card if the button is already pulled out before you put the card in. As a bandaid fix in the meantime try to push the eject button in then slide in your card. (sorry if you've already tried this)
  • RWilliamsonRWilliamson Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    tried that and it still wont accept the card. tried sevral different cards as well.... Any idea on a cost to fix?
  • BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    No idea on a cost to fix though if you have a laptop with light room 3 and the family is not there yet you may be able to shoot tethered and just have it write to your hard drive. Would be very cumbersome but would get the job done. Hope all ends well for ya
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    richy wrote: »
    Doesn't nikon bundle free tethering software?
    Good luck!

lol3.giflol3lol3.giflol3lol3.giflol3lol3.gif Whew!! Good One. Don't think I've ever seen "Nikon" & "free" used in the same sentence before.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.