Moving Forward

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited August 20, 2010 in People
Nothing here to share of any artistic or technical merit....just thought some of my dgrin buddies might like to see these....:D

970755265_3cT8t-M.jpg

970752864_D8WoP-S.jpg

970754102_oHshC-S.jpg

970753498_jCb2A-M.jpg

We are officially empty -nesters now....at least for a semester at a time!

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    no pictures jeff
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I dont know why////should be there.headscratch.gif

anything? anyone?
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I see them.

And congrats on getting her off to school. My youngest will graduate from college in March, if all goes well. Then he may come back for a bit, depending on the job market for English majors with Philosophy minors. :D Her room looks a lot cleaner than his did when he left for the first time.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I see 'em! thumb.gif I'm not sure whether to say "Congrats!" or "I'm sorry!" It's just hard to believe. You have beautiful women in your life, no matter the occasion.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I get a lump in my throat viewing these!!
  • WachelWachel Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I see them. Congrats for getting one out of the nest...and I am sad for you at the same time! Good pics.
    Michael

<Insert some profound quote here to try and seem like a deep thinker>

Michael Wachel Photography

Facebook
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    Models
    Oh dear. Your models have abandoned your runway. Congratulations on having more time to spend with your wife and your camera. Condolences on the models and the tuition.

Nice set of journalism.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    SO exciting for her..and I know hard for you! I'm both looking forward to having my house to me all again *in a long 17 years from now which at the moment I feel can't come too soon* and dreading it at the same time. Bittersweet for sure. Great shots as always Jeff!!!
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Enjoy the empty-nesting a semester at a time! Sweet series.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Wow! One of the first sets of photos I saw here was you taking Daughter #1 and installing her in college.

Very sweet indeed. And I have to say... nice dorm to have what looks like a decent kitchen!
    edited August 18, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote: »
    I see them.

And congrats on getting her off to school. My youngest will graduate from college in March, if all goes well. Then he may come back for a bit, depending on the job market for English majors with Philosophy minors. :D Her room looks a lot cleaner than his did when he left for the first time.

Congrats to you too then....clap.gif

...and her room is generally kept clean. We have to worry a bit about her older sis though!:D
    edited August 18, 2010
    Elaine wrote: »
    I see 'em! thumb.gif I'm not sure whether to say "Congrats!" or "I'm sorry!" It's just hard to believe. You have beautiful women in your life, no matter the occasion.

Im not sure what to say either Elaine...and doubt it would matter. They grow up fast regarless of what we do to prevent it.

If not already, you will realize this very soon yourself.
    edited August 18, 2010
    Mitchell wrote: »
    I get a lump in my throat viewing these!!

Heh heh...THATS because you see your future in there somwhere!!!

Above all else....fatten up that savings account!rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 18, 2010
    Wachel wrote: »
    I see them. Congrats for getting one out of the nest...and I am sad for you at the same time! Good pics.

This is our youngest. Our other two have been here...done this. The empty house is really new to us....strange...alien. I like it!!!:D
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    It is a great feeling and a very sad one. The longer they are away the more time before you seem them. They grow up too fast and never seen enough.
    edited August 18, 2010
    ChatKat wrote: »
    Oh dear. Your models have abandoned your runway. Congratulations on having more time to spend with your wife and your camera. Condolences on the models and the tuition.

Nice set of journalism.

Thanks for commenting Kathy. We got a call Sunday that Bre has joined the same sorority(Phi Mu) as Tina...albeit on a different campus. Some kinda double sisterhood stuff. Tina has chosen to cheer for here university and I belive I have secured some sideline access whenever I choose to go to games. While sports isn't my forte....Ill be sure to share some of those shots when/if I get my chances.thumb.gif
    edited August 18, 2010
    kidzmom wrote: »
    SO exciting for her..and I know hard for you! I'm both looking forward to having my house to me all again *in a long 17 years from now which at the moment I feel can't come too soon* and dreading it at the same time. Bittersweet for sure. Great shots as always Jeff!!!

17 YEARS......lol...Im tempted to pick on you about that.....rub it in a little ya know?rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 18, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Wow! One of the first sets of photos I saw here was you taking Daughter #1 and installing her in college.

Very sweet indeed. And I have to say... nice dorm to have what looks like a decent kitchen!

aaah...its only cabinet space and a sink. We and her roomy each brought a little fridge. They added a microwave and a couple coffee pots and smoothie makers.

My girls have been the most oft shot subjects in my photography hobby. What do I shoot now?ne_nau.gif
    edited August 18, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    It is a great feeling and a very sad one. The longer they are away the more time before you seem them. They grow up too fast and never seen enough.

Well she drove home once already ....just to eat supper and then go back. Shes only a half hour from home. Not too big a stretch!mwink.gif
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Congratulations all round!

…so have you rented out the room yet?

…or perhaps you should convert it into a dark-room (well, what with all the interest in film…) mwink.gif

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    My boy is two and I dread this day... iloveyou.gifcry I guess you learn to not dread it as much during their adolescence. mwink.gif

Good sharing! thumb.gif

Malte
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Oh, my. What a wonderful step for your family. Hurrah for a job well done.