Yosemite - Enfuse Test

Numbers GuyNumbers Guy Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
edited August 16, 2010 in Landscapes
I'm sure quite a few of you know about Enfuse (an open source HDR-type software), but I just stumbled on it this past week. I've used Photomatix for HDR, but it doesn't handle all shots well. A sunrise Yosemite shot from last December was one where i could never get the desired result.

To make a recent print, I spent hours on a Saturday meticulously masking and painting in layers (#1 below). After installing Enfuse yesterday, I created the second version in about 15 minutes. I'm pretty impressed for free software. C&C on the photos always welcome

#1 - Hand masking of Layers

970754789_YFykv-XL.jpg

#2 - Enfuse version (3 exposures)

970754221_c38QY-XL.jpg

#3 - A photo from last night - TN State Capitol 20 minutes after sunset (6 exposures with Enfuse)

970755431_jfJZ8-XL.jpg
Doug Vaughn
http://www.dougvaughn.com
Canon 5D MKII and more lenses than my wife thinks I can afford.

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    I can't even begin to describe how much I love the first two shots. Just breath-taking.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I think all of your shots here are pretty awesome and it sounds like Enfuse is working really well for ya! Looking at the two Yosemite shots, I actually think the first one (manual processing) looks more natural to my eye. Probably because the farthest-away mountain in #2 is a little too bright. But both versions are something to be proud of and are well worth showing off. You did the most important bit by getting great shots while the opportunity was there. :D