Edith Creek

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited August 18, 2010 in Landscapes
went up to Mt. Rainier last night, got some night shots, sunrise at Tipsoo, some waterfalls, and some more or less "generic" images of Rainier and environs. i'm exhausted - 4 hours sleep last night, tops, and that in the car, so i probably won't be doing much editing tonite!

this is Edith Creek, taken from the bridge just above Myrtle Falls. aside from a bit of cropping to remove vignetting in the sky, and resizing for the web, this image is straight from the camera... 5D, 24-135 @ 24mm w/ polarizer and 4ND filter, .6 second.

IMG_0488cropsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    wow... tough crowd! too many shots of this creek posted lately, i guess...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    I must admit i can't see the trees through the mnt rainier's lately rolleyes1.gif

It's a lovely photo though. compared to the other mnt rainiers on hiere it maybe could use a little oomph.. maybe some interesting foreground, clouds, light.. thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    You have to get down in the water to keep up with the latest EC shots rolleyes1.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    You have to get down in the water to keep up with the latest EC shots rolleyes1.gif

yeah, i think next time i'm up there, it'll be shorts and sandals, not jeans and hiking shoes... :D
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night