Recent Swimsuit shoot

shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited August 18, 2010 in People
So this was my first swimsuit photo shoot. The weather wasn't the best and in Oregon our sand is gray.. so with that.. and several suit changes.. these were a few of my favorites. Please by all means, as always.. good and Bad comments. Only way I'll learn. Guess I can only post one pic per thread... huh

Comments

• shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    So I guess I will submitt through my own replies.
    edited August 16, 2010
    This is the last one.. since they are larger than I expected on here. I used a Nikon D90 and the day time shots were done between 2pm and 4pm. Night time shot was done with the same camera, however; I used an off camera flash system.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Welcome to dgrin! It is possible to post multiple pics in one post-- just keep clicking that insert image button.

Nice effort on your swimwear pics. First one could use a longer shutter speed to get more ambient light. Shoot some test shots and play with your ISO and aperture to get a nice balance.

One more tip -- find a couple of swimwear photos you really like and try to emulate them. Your results will turn out different and you'll learn plenty in the process. There's lots of great opportunities for shooting swimwear on the Oregon coast -- welcome! :D

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I like them. I'd just seriously consider touching up her skin (on her legs). Doesn't look smooth, and I'm sure she'd appreciate the touch-up thumb.gif

Nice photos, keep them coming! clap.gif
    edited August 17, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    I like them. I'd just seriously consider touching up her skin (on her legs). Doesn't look smooth, and I'm sure she'd appreciate the touch-up thumb.gif

Nice photos, keep them coming! clap.gif

Those goosebumps won't go away.. She was really cold and thats after i've smoothed her skin twince. She really was such a trooper.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Those goosebumps won't go away.. She was really cold and thats after i've smoothed her skin twince. She really was such a trooper.

Hmmm, not talking about the goosebumps (don't see those). The skin on HER right leg looks just very uneven (like she's have tiger lines). It's hard to explain, and I guess most women have them (unless you work out 4h /7 days a week), it just doesn't look very flattering ne_nau.gif
    edited August 17, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hmmm, not talking about the goosebumps (don't see those). The skin on HER right leg looks just very uneven (like she's have tiger lines). It's hard to explain, and I guess most women have them (unless you work out 4h /7 days a week), it just doesn't look very flattering ne_nau.gif

yeah took a close look at her legs and Im not seeing it. Sooo I went to another photo for a better look.. don't see anything in this one.. lighting maybe??
  • SurfdogSurfdog Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    The problems with the legs are on the first image. The skin looks rough & uneven. The angle of the light hitting both legs accentuates the unevenness. It was the first thing that caught my eye, and distracts from an otherwise nice shot.
    http://www.dvivianphoto.com

Don't worry. I can fix you in photoshop.
    edited August 18, 2010
    Surfdog wrote: »
    The problems with the legs are on the first image. The skin looks rough & uneven. The angle of the light hitting both legs accentuates the unevenness. It was the first thing that caught my eye, and distracts from an otherwise nice shot.

Awww ok.. Ding (light comes on..) Laughing.gif Yeah I see that. Good call. I looked and looked.. and was like..I'm not seeing it.. now I do. Thank you very much. I'll keep that in mind for the next shoot. :)