Lucky grab shot

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 17, 2010 in People
(C&C always welcome)

:wave HI everybody! Back from my 6-week singing gig with a bit more time to post again (gig was awesome - one of the most artistically and personally satisfying I've done in a while - but it was INTENSE, with very little free time to think about photo stuff, or even to go shooting).

Just this one to share as I get back in the swing of things photographic - it's so nice when a chance shot works out (props here to the 7d for being fast enough to catch it and the little girl for LOVING the camera). This was the closing night party - in the basement lounge of a college dorm, thus not exactly good lighting - and I was just taking some snapshots for fun when I saw this little one, the daughter of a colleague, looking up at me and grabbed it as fast as I could. And it certainly demonstrated to me that light is light, no matter how or where you get it! It's amazing to me that this echoes a studio shot look when it was anything but....

7d+50mm 1.4 1/80@3.5, available light only. The bg is the floor and the catchlights are from the recessed ceiling lights. No significant processing other than a little bit of sharpening and NR in LR since this was ISO 2000 (!!!!!). I wish I had a tad more on the rh side, but I only got the one shot before she moved, so I'll live with it :D

972296633_Jjkjr-L.jpg

Comments