Sportrait - Shannon - Personal Trainer

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited August 18, 2010 in People
Shannon is a good friend and personal trainer who volunteered to play model for an evening. This is my first attempt at doing something Joel Grimes-esque. I have some funky light around her neck. I I gobo'd the back flashes but I think I need to invest in a couple of small softboxes for the back flashes but overall, I like how the effect turned out. C&C welcomed.

971944716_zBowN-M-1.jpg

Comments

• DmanningDmanning Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    I like the overall exposure and white balance. Although I would probably warm it up a little. Her skirt? is distracting. Maybe a different pose to make her look a little more intense since she seems a little detached/uninvolved. I understand she's not a model so sometimes it's hard to get the right expression. I like the framing but I think getting her perfectly centered would really "tighten" up the overall look. Ok, I'll stop rambling now. Nice shot Travis, thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about these shots lately. Maybe it's time for me to find a model.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Thanks D. When we discussed wardrobe, it didn't occur to me that the skirt would be that "loose". Lesson learned. :D I'll crop it a little to center her up and play around with warming it up some. She was really concerned that her expression made her look to intense when we were shooting. I think her comment was "I look like I want to rip someone's head off". I'm going to process one of the shoots with more intensity and see how it looks in the end. I appreciate the great comments!
    edited August 17, 2010
    Ok, I changed up my processing to warm things up a little. Let me know what you think...

973178340_PsqTL-M-1.jpg

973029469_h6kEz-M-1.jpg

Thanks!
  • RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Travis wrote: »
    Ok, I changed up my processing to warm things up a little. Let me know what you think...

Thanks!

Much better. Her head position in the #1 shot is definitely an improvement and more intense looking. Big improvement over the first shot.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Second shot is the best of the three. You lost that funky light on her neck. I'd crop to lose the light poles. The third would be cool except for the loincloth, oh and no face, oh, and the unfortunately positioned weird skid mark. Otherwise, cool shot. That one really shows her strong legs to great advantage. Good ad for a personal trainer.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Second shot is the best of the three. You lost that funky light on her neck. I'd crop to lose the light poles. The third would be cool except for the loincloth, oh and no face, oh, and the unfortunately positioned weird skid mark. Otherwise, cool shot. That one really shows her strong legs to great advantage. Good ad for a personal trainer.

I agree.. Second shot is my fav.
    edited August 18, 2010
    Thanks y'all for the feedback! Not much I can do about a loincloth rolleyes1.gif. Next time I'll make sure to specify shorts in the wardrobe list.