Just another bridge....

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited August 20, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
972423777_kEfgo-M.jpg

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Howdy,

Very crafty!!! Very nice selective focus.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Thanks!

I worked at getting just the text of the bridge and decided I liked the play on words for the title as well. That's an OLD violin too, one my great-grandparents used to play and I'm not young.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Call me surprised that you got such shallow DOF while the exif says f/13!
    Randy
    edited August 20, 2010
    rwells wrote: »
    Call me surprised that you got such shallow DOF while the exif says f/13!

'Ya know, that's really interesting..... This was my first time with the Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 on my D90. The only thing I can think of is I had an SB-900 directly on top of it at full power yet only about 8" away. Still really shallow for f/13. Yet I recall DOF changes with focal length somehow.

Any ideas on why? I'm sort of new at all this so any thoughts would be appreciated.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 20, 2010
    It's because you were so close. You didn't say what focal length you actually used, but at f/13 and 24mm the depth is about 1.3" while at 70mm, it's a razor thin .12". Here's a link to a handy DOF calculator. You can play around with different distances and apertures to see the result. The flash had nothing to do with it.
    edited August 20, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    It's because you were so close. You didn't say what focal length you actually used, but at f/13 and 24mm the depth is about 1.3" while at 70mm, it's a razor thin .12". Here's a link to a handy DOF calculator. You can play around with different distances and apertures to see the result. The flash had nothing to do with it.

Thanks for the link! Yes, EXIF shows a full 70mm or whatever that would equate to on a crop sensor. yeah, it's thin alright.