Need Help With Braces

BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
edited August 19, 2010 in People
Hello All-

I have an inquiry from a med student looking for her senior headshot. Unfortunately she currently has braces on and at this age, obviously does not want them in her photos. Taking them off is not an option.

My question for you: Are any of you willing to send me an image prefferably headshot of someone with braces so I can have a go at the removal process before agreeing to take her on as a client?

It is very hard to find a full size jpeg (impossible) online to practice on.

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Smile without showing teeth? Just a thought - plenty of great expressions can be had with a closed mouth....
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Smile without showing teeth? Just a thought - plenty of great expressions can be had with a closed mouth....

Yup

Most of my favorites Ive shot feature closed mouth expressions....no teeth.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    While I second the previous replies (closed mouth), here is a 100% crop for your practice..deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • CdorothyCdorothy Registered Users Posts: 89 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Go for trying to take out the braces. My daughter had braces on in her senior picture and a friend was able to make them disappear. :D She was very happy with the results and so was I. Sorry, I don't know what program he used.
    Chris
  • BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Thank you everyone! I wish I could shoot it with a 'mouth closed' pose however she has braces due to a rather extreme overbite which, though being corrected, is still rather pronounced. I have met her before and it is quite obvious when she closes her mouth her teeth push out her lips quite a bit. poor thing.

Anyways, Nik, thank you very much for posting the image for me, I will work on it tonight and see what I come up with.

Take Care!