Busy

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited August 20, 2010 in Holy Macro
Single shot, no stacking. Believe me, if she'd held still for more than a fraction of a second, I'd have tried. Gosh they're quick! To top everything off, this was one of the shots I was importing into Lightroom when my system gave me the "Blue Screen of Death" and I lost all my LR3 Catalogs. See the thread here if you want to commiserate. Thanks for looking and, as always, critique willingly taken:

973803268_rbavS-XL.jpg
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    And just for grins, here's a severe crop. She had a pretty good dusting of pollen:

974730592_Lntee-XL.jpg
    John :
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Lovely capture- good detail showing in the crop.
    Sorry to hear of your troubles with LR.
    Brian v.
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited August 20, 2010
    good shot, well done

lightroom! mine is dying, constantly get "not responding" them white screen headscratch.gif

i gave up backing up the catalogue, couldnt re install from the lightroom files, total rubbish, and the total backup file size was huge. re backing every file each time it appeared to be doing!
    edited August 20, 2010
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    good shot, well done

lightroom! mine is dying, constantly get "not responding" them white screen headscratch.gif

i gave up backing up the catalogue, couldnt re install from the lightroom files, total rubbish, and the total backup file size was huge. re backing every file each time it appeared to be doing!

This is really scary. eek7.gif Maybe it would be a good idea for you append your story to mine in this thread in the Finishing School. There might be more going on than just my ineptitude.
    John :
  • PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    This is really scary. eek7.gif Maybe it would be a good idea for you append your story to mine in this thread in the Finishing School. There might be more going on than just my ineptitude.

Firstly, I love the colours, sharpness and dof in your image. The crop shows how well you have donethumb.gif.

I am also using Lightroom 3 and recently have been advised to back-up my catalogue prior to closing the program. I have also had invoked the catalogue repair utility. Why this should happen, I have no idea. Lightroom 2 and 1 never caused these issues. It is hard to believe that the release of 3 followed extensive Beta testing.
    edited August 20, 2010
    Firstly, I love the colours, sharpness and dof in your image. The crop shows how well you have donethumb.gif.

I am also using Lightroom 3 and recently have been advised to back-up my catalogue prior to closing the program. I have also had invoked the catalogue repair utility. Why this should happen, I have no idea. Lightroom 2 and 1 never caused these issues. It is hard to believe that the release of 3 followed extensive Beta testing.

Thank you Peter!

I never had a speck of trouble with LR1. Now I'm so paranoid, I haven't had a decent night's sleep since mi LR3 imploded. Till I have the whold thing backed up three different ways, I'm nervous as a long-tailed cat at a clog dancing convention.
    John :