Sunbeam Creek

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited August 19, 2010 in Landscapes
Sunbeam Creek flows down the side of the mountain just a short distance from Reflection Lakes near Mt. Rainier. the waterfall is semi-seasonal - a rushing torrent in early summer, and much smaller in late summer and early fall. because of the cool, wet spring we had this year, it's still flowing fairly well even in mid-August. it was on my list of places to shoot this past weekend during my trip to Rainier, so i stopped for some photos on my way from Tipsoo Lake to Paradise... all taken with my 5D and 24-135, various settings...

here's the view you see from the road, and what most everyone who stops here photographs...

Sunbeamfallsrdxsm.jpg

but if you climb up past the lower falls, the creek is beautiful, and offers those with a tad more adventurous spirit a nice reward... from where i stood to take this, the falls is about 15 feet behind me...

UpperSunbeamCreeksm.jpg

a little closer to the upper falls... above this point, the creek levels out a lot, and it's hard to reach, so i didn't go any further...

UpperSunbeamFallssm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    You've captured some nice images, good color and just about perfect shutter speed. I have stopped to shoot the lower section, but never ventured up stream. Next trip I'll take the time to get "up the Creek"
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    squirl033 wrote: »
    here's the view you see from the road, and what most everyone who stops here photographs...

Wonderful images! Looks like a great place to visit. :D First one is a little too blue on the white balance, I think, but the others are wonderful. Great composition, and I love the silkiness of the water.

James