Blue Ridge Mountains in NC & VA

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited August 20, 2010 in Landscapes
I'm on a photo road trip with a friend, roaming around NC and DC. Started in NC last weekend and will head back there tomorrow. We plan to spend a few days in Great Smoky Mtn NP and surrounding area.

Here are a couple of shots of the Blue Ridge Mtns. C&C welcomed!

Lauren

1. Blue Ridge in NC, in Pisgah National Forest - early morning fog
975209078_YvEeJ-L.jpg

2.Same as #1
974167699_DNoQr-L-1.jpg

3. Just before the loudest thunderclap I've ever heard!!
Storm over the Blue Ridge Mtns in VA
975251644_rEYHu-L.jpg

4. Sunset over a Virginia farm - don't like the foreground so I'll work on it when I get home; diff crop maybe?
975255054_QKCAU-L.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    you've done well. I particurlarly like #2 in the fog. I never seem to get good shots of the blue ridge because it seems like I'm always out hiking in the middle of the day. There's always so much atmosphere between me and the peaks, but it's a great feature in yours!
    Thank you, Red Zone! My photo bucket list has always included a shot of the Blue Ridge in the mist and I may be able to cross that one off my list by the time this trip is over. I have others still to process, and we are heading out today for a few more days in NC and TN, so expect to see more!

Wish I'd known you were in DC--I've been here since Mon night but leaving this morn. I should've put out a meetup request! Maybe next trip.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com