Options

For those with the HP officejet pro 8000 printer...

msfmsf Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
edited August 19, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
How expensive is it to use for 8x10 photo's?

I got one a couple of years ago thanks to a crazy staples trade in deal, but now the ink is starting to get used up and I need a printer to use at a county fair.

I have the Canon I9100 and this HP Officejet Pro 8000. Apparently the Canon cost about a dollar per page in ink, but im having trouble finding out how much on average the HP will cost. And the 4 pack is about $100 on amazon. Its a bit of an investment. While the Canon 6 pack is $55, that should be good for about 60 pages.

So those with the HP 8000 printer, what do you estimate to be your average cost per page?

Comments

• Options
    GlortGlort Registered Users Posts: 1,015 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Can't tell you anything about the HP but can I suggest you have a look at a bulk ink system for it?

I put one on my canons over a year ago and I was just saying to a friend last night it was definately one of the best business decisions I ever made. In 12 months and having printed HUNDREDS of A4 prints, I haven't had a minutes trouble with it and I figure ink costs have gone from over $1 per print to now 3-4 cents.

I read all the usual ( no doubt profit raking, manufacturer inspired ) gloom and doom about them stuffing printers etc and I have no doubt like any other product on the market there are dodgy ones and you have to do your homework. I did that and the system I bought could not be better.

I was Hoping that the fall off in quality would not render prints un-merchantable but in back to back tests i was pleasantly Very surprised to find that I liked the output from the CIS ink better than the original.
    The aftermarket ink was much more true to life where as the OEM canon stuff had screaming bright colours that hurt your eyes in comparison.

The beauty with the bulk ink systems is you can print flat out at an event and never have to worry about changing cartridges or running out of ink.
    I have done events where we printed 100 A4's flat out and could have done that again twice over before the ink would require a second thought.
    Given that printing costs are next to nothing, it's painless to top up the ink when it does get low.

I don't know if the HP or canon you have would be better for printing pics but dosen't matter, get a GOOD CIS for whichever one and you'll be laughing and wondering why the hell you didn't do it a lot sooner.
  • Options
    msfmsf Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    I dont normally print the stuff myself, I usually send it off to WHCC. I will be doing a county fair and will give the option for prints on the spot, till the ink/paper runs out for the day. :) If I get that busy then it'll be a good thing. : 0)

Ive used refill systems on other printers, and every single printer ive used it on has crapped out. So im weary to use non brand ink for my two pro printers. I dont think my canon can do the continuous flow system, but the HP load teh ink on the front so its designed for it. :)