New pictures of my granddaughter

DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited August 31, 2010 in People
Ok not that anyone really cares but I have to tell you the background story on this one. I lost my beloved boxer a couple months ago to cancer and if you are a dog person you know there is a big empty hole left in your life. So a few weeks ago, I decided to get a new puppy and luckily I found one in FL , I happen to live in WV. The breeder was so wonderful, she said she would pack my new pup up with friends and sent her northward to a dog show in VA. My partner and I made plans to go pick up the pup in VA on Friday. I tell my daughter about my plans to pick up the pup and she says that is the weekend she and her husband want to go away for their anniversary and I agreed to keep the baby that weekend. ( Yes I did agree but she said they were going in Sept.) So now we had to drive 5 hrs to pick up the puppy and 5 hrs back on Friday. My daughter and son-in-law leave my granddaughter off on Sat. morning and my kid on her way out the door says "Oh if you get any time how about taking the baby's 6 mos pictures". That's why some mammals eat their young!!
So here they are:
973200049_2NbFJ-M.jpg

973200331_fMVbk-M.jpg
973199556_EXU6h-M.jpg
973200361_rsMGy-M.jpg
Yeah, no pics of baby and puppy. Puppy has piranha teeth.
Please let me know how I could have made them better.

Deb
Deb

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Nice series!
  • kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Really cute little baby! Congrats!! The lighting and exposure look great to me. Okay..just a few remarks. When I first started in photographing babies (okay, I'm still a beginner, lol!)...I got reamed for wrinkly backdrops. It really does detract from the baby. I'd try photoshopping it up a bit to smooth things out. I'd also try to steer clear of any dark vignetting on white. It also stands out a bit too much. Finally, a couple are also a teeny bit tight on the crop. I got reamed on this point by the ever-so-helpful Jeffreaux a few months ago. Printing these out any bigger than 4x6 will cause some cropping issues. If you upload these to EZprints you can do a quick run though on what they will look like at the various print sizes ;) CUTE baby and I look forward to more shots!
  • JTphotosJTphotos Banned Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 30, 2010
    I love the last picture of your adorable granddaughter. She is showing attitude w/ a classy look on her face! I assume that is her name on her cute booty!
  • DragonladyDragonlady Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Thanks so much for your great replies. Yes her name is Mayla. I don't know where mom found the pants with her name on it. Thanks kidsmom for the suggestions. I did steam the background prior to the shoot but apparently I need to work on it a little more and adjust my crop as well. You are right about the vignette as well. Thanks for the tips.
    Deb
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2010
    Love the story but love the pictures even more. She is absolutley adorable and you did a great job capturing her personality. Bet your daughter was thrilled. Good luck with the new pup!!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires