Dewdrops

GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
edited August 22, 2010 in Holy Macro
more dewdrop practise :D

still not getting them as good as i want, like last dewdrop season, need decent wheather conditions to get a good dew on the lawn .
these were tiny drops, not much more than 1mm diameter

phil

#1 herb-robert dewdrop first time shot with this tiny weed flower!

4910403883_1076070919_b.jpg

trailing geranium

4910891454_2ce7211cf2_b.jpg

4907618835_3704fa4652_b.jpg

Comments

• AmbrolaAmbrola Registered Users Posts: 232 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Those are beautiful Phil. Did you do these in the yard off the grass?? Heres my last attempt and still out of focus.

http://flo22-1.jpg
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited August 20, 2010
    yes, tiny dewdrops form on the tips of grass stems on the lawn.

usually range from 1mm up to about 3mm diameter, the smaller ones are best as they usually perfectly round .

they are shot at about x3 - x4 magnification, focus stacked 8 frames in each, handheld lying down on a sheet of wood
    and resting lens on left hand
  • korandokekorandoke Registered Users Posts: 517 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    well done

greetings,

korandoke
    Best regards,
    Korandoke
  • PeterD-2009PeterD-2009 Registered Users Posts: 618 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Well done Phil.thumb.gif All 3 are really good but #1 is my favourite. When I get tubes to increase magnification, I shall try this too.:D
    edited August 20, 2010
    Phil,
    I think I have the basics of the stacking procedure OK. One question, do the frames need to be in pretty much the same position? I have stacked a couple, and they had a shawdow that had to took out manualy. Seems if they are horrible if not exactly the same, but different focus points??
    edited August 20, 2010
    Ambrola wrote: »
    Phil,
    I think I have the basics of the stacking procedure OK. One question, do the frames need to be in pretty much the same position? I have stacked a couple, and they had a shawdow that had to took out manualy. Seems if they are horrible if not exactly the same, but different focus points??

they do have to be fairly well aligned,but zerene stacker does a really good job of adjusting , touch up tool is used to clean up any badly aligned edges

but quite often prefer to manually stack with layer masks in ps for these dewdrop shots. get much cleaner images
  • DeVilDeVil Registered Users Posts: 1,037 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Awsome! clap.gif
    edited August 20, 2010
    I just bought Photoshop and I have to learn it. There should be a book or a manual on all the functions? It seems very complicated.
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2010
    Ambrola wrote: »
    I just bought Photoshop and I have to learn it. There should be a book or a manual on all the functions? It seems very complicated.

Try this book. I've got a whole library covering several generations of PS, PSE, and LR, and this is the most useful PS book I've yet found. A bonus is that it comes with a DVD containing all the images used in the book so you can actually do what the author writes about, Video tutorials, and I don't know all what else.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    Wonderful dewdrop refractions phil.
    Brian V.
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    Beautiful images Phil. Very nicely done.

I've shown yours and Brians images to a colleague of mine who used to do wedding photography (film) back in the day and he was gobsmacked. Said photography has gone way beyond his training and experience but said these images are stunning.
    edited August 22, 2010
    thanks for comments guys :D

just shot a load more this morning, getting back in practise now rolleyes1.gif