My trip to TN & KY

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited August 21, 2010 in Landscapes
Went down a couple weeks ago to assist a friend with a wedding. Took the long way there and back from Chicago and stopped at a few different places I've been wanting to visit.

Barn in Elora, TN right before it started dropping buckets on us!
977348451_A5Mkd-XL.jpg

Had to play around with my new CokinZ ND filters. I believe this was shot with a ND4 (2 stop) graduated filter,, might had been the ND8 (3 stop) and also shot as an HDR with 3 separate exposures and combined in Photomatix
977348848_i4xhd-XL.jpg

Using my ND Filters again, in Great Smokey Mountains National Park, I grabbed a 30 second exposure of this creek. Didn't stick around the park much other than driving through, since there were too damn many people and it was fogged in the morning I was there and I'm not a huge fan of 20,000 people driving like miss daisy.
977348563_w8VSp-XL.jpg

Stayed the night at Cumberland Gap National Historic Park (TN/KY/NC) trying to get up to Pinnacle point in the AM, only to find the main parking lot of the park opens at 6AM but the road to Pinnacle point doesn't open until 8AM. D'oh. Again, it was fogged in, which I was told by the ranger was REALLY rare since the fog is usually on the other side of the mountains and is pushed into the side I was on making for very interesting pictures. However, I had appointments to be kept back here and couldn't stick around for another day, as much as I would had liked to. So I came back down from the point and found the sun rising over the mountains. This is right outside the visitors center to the park.
977348708_YKMJs-XL.jpg

Somewhere along the way from Cumberland to Makers Mark Distillery in Loretto, KY, I stumbled across yet another interesting barn. This was just pure HDR, no graduated ND filters this time.
977348655_YLFV8-XL.jpg

For now, it's about all I've processed that I really like. Have a couple from Makers Mark but not sure I like them that much to post. lol

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    Oh my...I think these are absolutely amazing! the scene and clouds in #1 is awesomely powerful but i think i might have darkened the foreground a bit (unless its my monitor). The 2nd one makes me bend my knee! Are these HDR ?
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    2nd and last are HDR, remainder are just ND filter.. if anything