A late night stroll through historic Haarlem (Netherlands)

Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
edited August 23, 2010 in Landscapes
Took a small stroll through town yesterday. Wanted to take more shots but the jazz festival that was going on was too enticing :D

C&C always welcome, i want to learn :thumb
978124613_CBDri-XL.jpg

978124653_NdJGQ-XL.jpg
Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    Very attractive light and colour in both, good exposure. The wa distortion is to me just a little detracting. You could use sw to correct this to see if it improved the result in these images. In the first, the boat to the mid-right must have been rocking a bit, it's blurred. Maybe a compromise with getting the water so smooth would have avoided that. On the whole I like them. Well done.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    hi Neill!

Thanks for your comment. I see what you mean with the wa distortion.. how would i correct that? Is there a photoshop plugin for something like that?

I'll see if i can go into town tonight again and shoot some of the backalleys etc. rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    hi Neill!

Thanks for your comment. I see what you mean with the wa distortion.. how would i correct that? Is there a photoshop plugin for something like that?

I'll see if i can go into town tonight again and shoot some of the backalleys etc. rolleyes1.gif

You can do geometric distortion correction in PS in a few ways eg Filter>Distort>Lens correction, or after selecting whole image Edit>Transform. I think in CS4 & 5 there are automated options for this kind of thing. There are also PS plugins available to do similar things, and there are editing suites like Capture One 5 and DxO which have such functions included as processing options which give an automated, immediate and accurate result.

Look forward to seeing some more shots from your nocturnal perambulations.:D

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix