Comments or suggestions on something like this?

Zone99Zone99 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 22, 2010 in People
Hi,

I'm due to replace the pictures of my kids on my office wall and, rather than go for the candids this year, I thought I try something more posed.

Here's one such example.

I removed the carpet from the room and use the early afternoon light coming through the window and reflecting off the floor for lighting. I used my Nikon D300 with a 50mm lens @ f2.8.

Mostly I'm trying to see if the pose works, lighting works, etc. Please ignore the dirty feet! :D

C&C welcome.

978454350_r3xnz-M.jpg
"I'm just very selective about the reality I accept" - Calvin

http://zone99.smugmug.com

Nikon D300
Nikkor 18-70 DX
Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ED
Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
Couple o' other lenses I never use!

Comments

• kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    I think this is adorable. I might warm it up just a *touch* but I like warm skintones. Lighting, catchlights, floor relection and pose look fab!
  • GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    Pose is fine but the background could be better. How about changing the angle to have the other room in the back left as the BG?
  • Zone99Zone99 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    GadgetRick wrote: »
    Pose is fine but the background could be better. How about changing the angle to have the other room in the back left as the BG?

That thought occurred to me as I was doing this. This was my second attempt. In the first attempt, I allowed too much glare from the window in the back.

I repositioned her several times so that I would have the column sticking out of her head or other clutter in the wrong places.

The two problems with the other room as the background is:
    1) The dining room table is in that room and
    2) That's where I moved the rug from the living room!

Good suggestion though! I'll look at it again and see if I can get that to work. Maybe by really underexposing the dining room area I can de-emphasize the furniture in that room.
    "I'm just very selective about the reality I accept" - Calvin

http://zone99.smugmug.com

Nikon D300
    Nikkor 18-70 DX
    Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 ED
    Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
    Couple o' other lenses I never use!