Options

Photography agreements?

Mell4jcMell4jc Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 23, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I am brand new to this and need to ask a question..sorry if I am doing it wrong.:dunno

Obviously when you take photos you get your clients to sign an agreement giving you rights to the photos to use in a portfolio or website.

I am just starting out, does anyone have an example they could show me on what to put in the agreement or whatever you want to call it?
I just don't want to put the wrong thing and make it confusing or get in trouble for a misunderstanding or have it sound like they are signing their life away, lol.

Replies much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    I have one I can send you, just pm me your email address.
    Chester Bullock
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    My Pictures | My blog
    Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    If you google photography contracts, models releases...you will find a great many you can just download or copy and paste into MS word, word pad, or what ever you use as a word processor or if you join PPA they also have downloadable version for their members, as well as good deals on insurance and other needful things..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2010
    Check the end of this page http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=97869 for a bunch of info about model releases.
    Mell4jc wrote: »
    I am just starting out, does anyone have an example they could show me on what to put in the agreement or whatever you want to call it?
    I just don't want to put the wrong thing and make it confusing or get in trouble for a misunderstanding or have it sound like they are signing their life away, lol.

Replies much appreciated!
  • Options
    Mell4jcMell4jc Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 23, 2010
    Thanks so much guys! Those all worked out great! wings.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 23, 2010
    Mell4jc wrote: »
    ...Obviously when you take photos you get your clients to sign an agreement giving you rights to the photos to use in a portfolio or website...

Actually, you most probably do not require releases for portfolio presentations, including your website. Read on...

Art Scott wrote: »
    If you google photography contracts, models releases...

No need for the google machine. You know this already Art. Read on...

Dan7312 wrote: »
    Check the end of this page http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=97869 for a bunch of info about model releases.

Thanks Dan.