Making actions

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited August 30, 2005 in Finishing School
So if one was to make an action that put a drop shadow & border etc on a shot. Could it be made so that it would recognise any sized photo ?

ie automatically recognise the canvas size adjustments req ?

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 29, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    So if one was to make an action that put a drop shadow & border etc on a shot. Could it be made so that it would recognise any sized photo ?

G'day Gus,

You can start by changing the units on the resize canvas panel from cm (or whatever you see as the default) to percentage. In PS7, it is a little counter-intuitive in that entering 10% adds 10% to the size...I would have thought entering 110% would do that. In any event, by using percentages, you can increase any sized photo by the same relative amount.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 29, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

Yup, the previous reply has it, but you can also do a relative adjustment of canvas size. Essentially +10, but 10px may look good on an 800px image and too small on a 3200px image. Percentage is the way to go.
    nod.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Humungus wrote:

I made one,if I knew how to how to send it to ya I wouldne_nau.gif
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Ok..thanks everyone, im going to give it a burl. I didnt think of %'eges richard.

If anyone has a 'step by step' site they know of ..pls post it.

Gus
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 30, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Ok..thanks everyone, im going to give it a burl. I didnt think of %'eges richard.

If anyone has a 'step by step' site they know of ..pls post it.

Gus
    Didn't you already master the technique long ago? headscratch.gif

I'm confused why its troubling you now. Is it the action part? Is it the percentage part? I KNOW you know how to do the border thing, all you have to do is change your step a little bit to resize by percentage. The action thing is easy, just hit "record" and "stop" when you're done. Right?

Remember when you learned how to first do the border thing, and there wasn't a single photo posted by you that didn't have it in some funky color variation?
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]