A View from Noah's Ark

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited August 25, 2010 in Landscapes
977448656_XhnGH-XL.jpg

We were almost at eye level when I turned around and saw this double rainbow. The sky is pretty grainy so thought I would make a miniature to make the sky less grainy.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Double rainbow! lol3.gif But this one is really beautiful. The very contrasted light/shadow areas make this look completely surreal. I love it.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    What an unusual and beautiful photo!! Very nice Eia!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Double rainbow! lol3.gif But this one is really beautiful. The very contrasted light/shadow areas make this look completely surreal. I love it.

Thanks Schmoo - this was quite a pleasant view. I have been ill for most of summer but this day my husband took me for a drive to the top of a mountain. I stood there relishing in the drama and when I turned around I saw this as if God allowed me to view His promise. I have not been able to get out since...
  • bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2010
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Eia. I'm glad the day you did get out presented you with such a great view. Nicely done on the capture and processing. One really nice image. clap.gif
    edited August 24, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Eia. I'm glad the day you did get out presented you with such a great view. Nicely done on the capture and processing. One really nice image. clap.gif

thanks for the nice comment. We didn't have much time due to the lightning and storm. Since the sky was so grainy I took the liberty to push the dark foreground a bit more playing with it in processing - but it was still quite dramatic.
  • Dimitri_VDimitri_V Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Beautiful light captured here.
    edited August 24, 2010
    Dimitri_V wrote: »
    Beautiful light captured here.

thanks much - the light was pretty surreal.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Eia wrote: »
    Thanks Schmoo - this was quite a pleasant view. I have been ill for most of summer but this day my husband took me for a drive to the top of a mountain. I stood there relishing in the drama and when I turned around I saw this as if God allowed me to view His promise. I have not been able to get out since...

Sorry to hear this Eia. :cry Be better soon, please :D
    edited August 25, 2010
    dlplumer wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this Eia. :cry Be better soon, please :D

Thanks Dan - I hope so - gotta find out the details on this large mass on kidney. Hope to get out in the field soon... but Lord willing!