Options

IrfanView

philspacephilspace Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited June 21, 2004 in Finishing School
Does anyone have any experience with IrfanView? It has plugins for raw formats and it's free. I was just getting ready to shell out for my license of C1, but maybe this is ok?

I did it a search in this forum and it didn't come up anywhere. :ear

Comments

• Options
    edited June 21, 2004
    Never mind, I just found some threads over in the camera forums, Fish and Waxy seem to like it so I will give it a shot, still contemplating on whether or not to go ahead and license the C1 code.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    I'm a little dense with software, and so I don't find it to be user friendly. But it's free, which is a pretty big plus! I'm curious to see what you think of it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm a little dense with software, and so I don't find it to be user friendly. But it's free, which is a pretty big plus! I'm curious to see what you think of it.
    I downloaded it today at work and played with it for about 30 minutes, very good from a freeware standpoint, but if you want to do white balance adjustments or really get into it, C1 is much better, looks like they get my money when it's time for special pictures that need to be printed.

I've also been exploring PS Elements v 2.0. I have always used version 7 of the full package and I have to say that Elements 2.0 is pretty good. Between what I already have and C1 I won't be needing spend big bucks on Photo Shop CS.
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2004
    I have found it to be very good for basic modifications. When I need to get a little more "tricky", and I'm in my Linux platform, I use The GIMP. Whatever you do, DON'T use The GIMP on your Windows platform! It really narfed my system, most unhappy lady here.

The kind and patient folks here, however, have taught me that even for all The GIMP can do, it won't yet be holding a candle to Adobe. Eesh. In the meantime, I try to get my skills up so I don't have to do much fiddling about with my pix.

In any event, I found the download sites to be reliable and trustworthy, and the software sans plugins has been relatively easy for this stiff old brain to use. Hope you enjoy it!
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery