Printer Died

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited August 27, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Hi Folks.
My trusty Canon i9900 wide format printer gave up the ghost last Saturday after 5 years of steady mostly flawless service. Unfortunately, Canon no longer makes this model and no longer services it, so I am looking for a replacement. I would prefer to stay with Canon because of the quality prints I had from the i9900, but I am open to other brands. I work on a new MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.3 and PSCS4 (soon to be CS5).

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 23, 2010
    I moved this to the Digital Darkroom Gear forum, where we discuss printers, computers and such.

Sorry I don't have any ideas myself but the folks here are pretty helpful. Maybe if you told a little more about your needs and expectations that would help to define the qualities of a new printer.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Most pros in my area are using the Epson models form the photo 1400 and up...........might check out Epsons refurb store also............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    I bought the Canon iPF6350 24" wide format printer in May. Absolutely love it. It's a new model.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• HelvegrHelvegr Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    I'll have to +1 for Epson. I'm a recent Epson convert for printing in general. I always had problems with HP, often network related. My Canon sucked so much ink it wasn't even funny. It had gray ink that you couldn't find anywhere except online, and it was suppose to be for black and white photos. I didn't print a single black and white photo, and gray was the first ink that ran out!

So after all that, Epson all the way. I got my eye on the Epson Sylus Pro 3880 maybe end of the year or so.
    Camera: Nikon D4
    Lenses: Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR II | Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 | Nikon 50mm f/1.4
    Lighting: SB-910 | SU-800
  • Jane B.Jane B. Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    OldGuy wrote: »
    Hi Folks.
    My trusty Canon i9900 wide format printer gave up the ghost last Saturday after 5 years of steady mostly flawless service. Unfortunately, Canon no longer makes this model and no longer services it, so I am looking for a replacement. I would prefer to stay with Canon because of the quality prints I had from the i9900, but I am open to other brands. I work on a new MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.3 and PSCS4 (soon to be CS5).
    Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

This site http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/index.php may help you reserect it! I have used and refilled Canon for many years and have gotten a LOT of useful help there.
    Good Luck
    Jane B.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    kd2 wrote: »
    I bought the Canon iPF6350 24" wide format printer in May. Absolutely love it. It's a new model.

I hate you..........:D

Love your work and what you have done to your SmugMug site.

Sam