Options

Could get ugly!

AllenCWAllenCW Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited August 27, 2010 in Weddings
About 2 weeks ago, a major communication problem has accured between the photographer and the bride.

Long story short. The bride's wedding date is September 18, 2010 (Saturday). She (bride) wants to do her bridal session on September 17th (day before her wedding). The photographer has a wedding on September 17th and cannot do it on that day. There is a contract. The contract say's she must do the bridal session before August 18, 2010 (1 month before the wedding). She got really upset and told the photographer not to show up at her wedding. The bride has paid everything in full ($3,800). The photographer has reserved the date September 18, 2010 for over 1 1/2 years. The photographer sent her a "cancellation of contract", saying she has lost her deposit and the photographer is not responsible for photographing the wedding. She refuses to sign. The photographer then called her and said "if you don't sign, I will show up at your wedding because we still have a valid contract". Her response was "if you show up at my wedding you will be trespassing", and hung up the phone.

This is what I suggested to the photographer. Show up at the wedding and be professional. If you are ask to leave, then leave in a professional way. The reason suggested for him to show up, so the bride breaches the contract, not the photographer. If the photographer does not show up, one could assume the bride could later say "I want my money back because he didn't show up for my wedding".

What you would do if you were the photographer?

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    I would show up but I would have a video running to save my tail if someone gets nasty and asks me to leave
    I would start an interview asking why I am to leave I have a signed and paid contract and have a copy in hand to be videoed.....
    would not be snarky or condescending, always very professional and curteous...let the opthers show their A** so to speak.......
    The bride has a copy of the signed contract and there is no excuse for her trying to be this way..........if there was an emergency that made the
    original date impossible to hold that is one thing if not then that is her problem........I might ask for another 250 or 500 to hire someone else to shoot the
    Bridal session in my place since I am already contracted to do another wedding that day...........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    ouch ........ uhm , thats no good ...... I have honestly no idea, but the photographer should have really made sure they get that shoot scheduled before it's too late, no? I have honestly no idea what I'd do, I guess I was never in a situation like this.

May I ask how you are involved in all that?
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    This photographer is letting things slide from bad to worse. He or she should have pinned down a date for the bridal session a long time ago, as Angie says.

Then the photographer turned a scheduling problem into a communication problem by pulling out the contract instead of offering to solve the problem by eg sending another photographer.

Now emotions are running high. Perhaps someone could mediate. Whoever is paying for this gig is not going to welcome the bride's decision to flush 4k$ on a whim.

The photographer needs to settle this down. No photographer needs the bad publicity. The photographer may end up with the money but likely loses a lot of future business. The bride tells this story and in her current version the photographer is the villein (sic).

How nice it would if the ending was an enthusiastic message from the bride "xyz was a great photographer, the shots are beautiful and he/she fixed the bridal session fantastically after I messed up the dates". I fear the opportunity for this happy ending is lost forever.

What would I do? Beg forgiveness for my lousy behavior, grovel about forgetting the bridal session, and offer to solve her problem.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Id schedule on the day she is requesting either before or after the other wedding. There is also the option of sub contracting another photographer to do the bridals. Could be money well spent!thumb.gif
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    It sounds like the bride is being very shortsighted and reactionary. Unless she can get a new photographer (unlikely on a Saturday at such short notice if they're a professional) and is essentially willing to pay for her photography twice - she's being pretty unreasonable. However, the photographer would hopefully be understanding that brides are usually stressed and weddings are emotionally charged events where people don't always exhibit the best behavior. It seems like it could all have been averted if people were more concerned about correcting the situation and being decent to each other then being "in the right", especially since the photographer has the contract and is legally covered. If I was the photographer, I would have said something about being very sorry but the day before the wedding is already booked and that I would bend over backward to find another date before her big day that works for her bridal session (or another solution as others have pointed out) - even though the deadline had passed.

Hopefully the situation can be salvaged, it seems like the photog should just be the bigger person and apologize to make her happy so that if he does shoot the wedding - her images won't suffer from the animosity between them.
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    AllenCW wrote: »
    About 2 weeks ago, a major communication problem has accured between the photographer and the bride.

Long story short. The bride's wedding date is September 18, 2010 (Saturday). She (bride) wants to do her bridal session on September 17th (day before her wedding). The photographer has a wedding on September 17th and cannot do it on that day. There is a contract. The contract say's she must do the bridal session before August 18, 2010 (1 month before the wedding). She got really upset and told the photographer not to show up at her wedding. The bride has paid everything in full ($3,800). The photographer has reserved the date September 18, 2010 for over 1 1/2 years. The photographer sent her a "cancellation of contract", saying she has lost her deposit and the photographer is not responsible for photographing the wedding. She refuses to sign. The photographer then called her and said "if you don't sign, I will show up at your wedding because we still have a valid contract". Her response was "if you show up at my wedding you will be trespassing", and hung up the phone.

This is what I suggested to the photographer. Show up at the wedding and be professional. If you are ask to leave, then leave in a professional way. The reason suggested for him to show up, so the bride breaches the contract, not the photographer. If the photographer does not show up, one could assume the bride could later say "I want my money back because he didn't show up for my wedding".

What you would do if you were the photographer?

ONE QUESTION: What's the problem?? headscratch.gif

A contract signed A YEAR AND A HALF ago stated what was expected...and she chose to not follow through. He did what was required by returning the deposit. End of THAT story. Now that she won't sign a cancellation notice, puts her in an even more precarious position. I'd show and attempt to provide services, period. Better make damn sure you have a video record of it, however, because the proverbial "Fit's gonna hit the Shan".
    deal.gifbigbs
  • Options
    shutterbug616shutterbug616 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    Yep... I always say.. give them enough rope to hang themselves.. this way our photographer brother is safe from any kind of L.S. If she sends him packing.. well thats her decision not his and it would be her FAULT!!!
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010

He did what was required by returning the deposit. End of THAT story.

Ummm . . . maybe I missed where the photographer returned the money . ? Don't think so.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2010
    met wrote: »
    It seems like it could all have been averted if people were more concerned about correcting the situation and being decent to each other then being "in the right",

I hate this attitude. People put so much concern on who is right. I just don't get it! Who really cares, right? They both suffer for it. If he was smart he would try to get her to cover a replacement or split it with her or just pay it out of pocket. The bad press from this isn't going to be worth the paid vacation. Something like this gets around. He is being a fool by not trying to work this all out for her. This should have never gotten this far IMHO.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »
    I would show up but I would have a video running to save my tail if someone gets nasty and asks me to leave
    I would start an interview asking why I am to leave I have a signed and paid contract and have a copy in hand to be videoed.....
    would not be snarky or condescending, always very professional and curteous...let the opthers show their A** so to speak.......
    The bride has a copy of the signed contract and there is no excuse for her trying to be this way..........if there was an emergency that made the
    original date impossible to hold that is one thing if not then that is her problem........I might ask for another 250 or 500 to hire someone else to shoot the
    Bridal session in my place since I am already contracted to do another wedding that day...........

Hello Art,

Thank you for the suggestion. He is thinking about doing the video. If he does show up at the wedding, I suggested to hide the video so that it does not circumvent the situation.

Your feedback was greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    ouch ........ uhm , thats no good ...... I have honestly no idea, but the photographer should have really made sure they get that shoot scheduled before it's too late, no? I have honestly no idea what I'd do, I guess I was never in a situation like this.

May I ask how you are involved in all that?

Hello Angie,

The contract states that the contracting party (bride) is to contact the photographer and schedule her bridal session before August 18, 2010. Out of courtesy, the photographer told me he sent an email to her in June to give her a heads up. But he did not hear back from her.

Sure you can ask if I'm involved :) I'm NOT involved......well, directly that is.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    This photographer is letting things slide from bad to worse. He or she should have pinned down a date for the bridal session a long time ago, as Angie says.

Then the photographer turned a scheduling problem into a communication problem by pulling out the contract instead of offering to solve the problem by eg sending another photographer.

Now emotions are running high. Perhaps someone could mediate. Whoever is paying for this gig is not going to welcome the bride's decision to flush 4k$ on a whim.

The photographer needs to settle this down. No photographer needs the bad publicity. The photographer may end up with the money but likely loses a lot of future business. The bride tells this story and in her current version the photographer is the villein (sic).

How nice it would if the ending was an enthusiastic message from the bride "xyz was a great photographer, the shots are beautiful and he/she fixed the bridal session fantastically after I messed up the dates". I fear the opportunity for this happy ending is lost forever.

What would I do? Beg forgiveness for my lousy behavior, grovel about forgetting the bridal session, and offer to solve her problem.

Hello Christopher,

I sense that you are very customer service orientated. And I respect that!!!!

First, I disagree with Angie (as you agreed with Angie). It was not the photographers responsibility to schedule the session, it was the brides (as per contract). Nor was it the photographer that brought on this problem.......let me explain.......

This is my guess on why I think no solution was possible.......the bride would only agree to do the bridal session the day before her wedding because it had something to do with her hair. I think she was having it lengthened and she didn't want to pay twice. The photographer did suggest another day, but she would not agree.

Per your solution. If you where the photographer, I don't understand why you feel you have given "lousy behavior" and why you would "beg forgiveness".

• Options
    edited August 24, 2010
    met wrote: »
    It sounds like the bride is being very shortsighted and reactionary. Unless she can get a new photographer (unlikely on a Saturday at such short notice if they're a professional) and is essentially willing to pay for her photography twice - she's being pretty unreasonable. However, the photographer would hopefully be understanding that brides are usually stressed and weddings are emotionally charged events where people don't always exhibit the best behavior. It seems like it could all have been averted if people were more concerned about correcting the situation and being decent to each other then being "in the right", especially since the photographer has the contract and is legally covered. If I was the photographer, I would have said something about being very sorry but the day before the wedding is already booked and that I would bend over backward to find another date before her big day that works for her bridal session (or another solution as others have pointed out) - even though the deadline had passed.

Hopefully the situation can be salvaged, it seems like the photog should just be the bigger person and apologize to make her happy so that if he does shoot the wedding - her images won't suffer from the animosity between them.

Hello Molly,

Wow! Your looking at this very rational from both sides (bride and photographer).

I feel the bride is making this a 100% emotional reaction. And the photographer is 100% unsure what to do. Not a good chemistry :(

Another suggestion I told him to do is call the bride next week. Give her options instead of doing the bridal session (ie. prints).

My heart of hearts tells me they shouldn't work together on the wedding day. There's been toooooo much negativity said from both sides.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2010

A contract signed A YEAR AND A HALF ago stated what was expected...and she chose to not follow through. He did what was required by returning the deposit. End of THAT story. Now that she won't sign a cancellation notice, puts her in an even more precarious position. I'd show and attempt to provide services, period. Better make damn sure you have a video record of it, however, because the proverbial "Fit's gonna hit the Shan".
    deal.gifbigbs
    Hello Darren,

He has not returned the money ($3,800). He thinks she is going to ask for it back AFTER her wedding. She will not sign a "cancellation of contract". The cancellation of contract say's she has lost her deposit and the photographer is not responsible for photographing the wedding.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    This is my guess on why I think no solution was possible.......the bride would only agree to do the bridal session the day before her wedding because it had something to do with her hair. I think she was having it lengthened and she didn't want to pay twice. The photographer did suggest another day, but she would not agree.
    I'm sorry but this is pretty funny. It's ironic that she's willing to flush $3800 down the drain because she didn't want to pay to get her hair down twice. eek7.gif And judging by her photography budget she's probably spending $25,000 - $35,000 total. I'm curious. Is she the one who cut the photog a check or was it her father? He might have something to say about her blowing off the contract.

And she couldn't move her hair appointment? Even if it was to an earlier day the week of her wedding. headscratch.gif There's no accounting for some people. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    My heart of hearts tells me they shouldn't work together on the wedding day. There's been toooooo much negativity said from both sides.
    I was kind of thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    SvennieSvennie Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    As with any business, there are unhappy and/or unwilling clients. Playing the contract-card is usually the last option, when all other options have been discussed.
    Planning an event like a wedding 1.5 years in advance is pretty difficult and she probably had no idea when she signed the contract her hair would require that much work. If you think that it is just courtesy sending an email for an appointment, then you're not on the right track I guess. That the photographer didn't get a response should have made him make a phone call, not thinking 'ah well, her problem'. Because now it is his problem as well...
    And I'm not a hairdresser, but extensions will stay in for weeks, so maybe do the bridal shots two or three days before the wedding? If the hair piece survives one night, it will probably do for another night. Talk to the bride and the hairdresser... If she sticks to the day before, try to find somebody else to do it for you and charge 10% extra or something.
    In any case, just showing up at the wedding waving the contract will probably kill his business opportunities with anybody attending the wedding and with everybody they know.

What a mess...
  • Options
    chrisjohnsonchrisjohnson Registered Users Posts: 771 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Hello Christopher,

I sense that you are very customer service orientated. And I respect that!!!!

First, I disagree with Angie (as you agreed with Angie). It was not the photographers responsibility to schedule the session, it was the brides (as per contract). Nor was it the photographer that brought on this problem.......let me explain.......

Per your solution. If you where the photographer, I don't understand why you feel you have given "lousy behavior" and why you would "beg forgiveness".

Thanks for reading my post and giving a bit more background.

Your guy is not so experienced, right? When he agreed to leave the date for the bridal session open and firm it up later, surely he pencilled in the day before the wedding as most likely? Not only the hair, but the dress, the out-of-town folks, in the background. No way was this shoot ever going to happen over a month in advance.

Then when he got an opportunity to erase his pencil marks and shoot another wedding the day before, he took the new booking without contacting the first bride. Customers who pay in full a year in advance are to be treasured, not pinged-off by email. When he did not get a reply he should have called in person - anything could have happened, maybe they had even broken up and the wedding was off altogether.

Then his instinct is to reach for the contract instead of solving the problem. Contracts are for cupboards. They are a handy checklist to make sure that you and your customer have touched the main bases and set expectations, but they are not something you ever WANT to enforce in court. Litigation consumes productive time, costs for lawyers, is always bad publicity, and has unpredictable results. I can just picture your guy on Youtube clutching his video!

Photography is a service business and unless your guy is extraordinarily gifted he better realize that part of the package when you run a service business is a good grovel every now and again. Customers can be proper tossers, so can suppliers.

This bride's instincts are sound. I would not want this guy at my wedding even for free.
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Maybe she would agree to do the pics after the wedding? It will be a difficult wedding to shoot. It is important for the client to get along with the photographer, it makes for good pictures. If she is mad it will show in those pictures. But, not keeping the bride happy is not good for business. I think there should have been more communication before hand. Hopefully they can get together and smooth things over.
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    What's wrong with doing bridals after the wedding? Maybe a Trash the Dress instead? If they aren't leaving for her honeymoon immediately, the day after seems like the best option.

I do agree that the bride was in the wrong, but a little bit of compromising on the photographer's behalf might save his reputation.
  • Options
    bnoverturfbnoverturf Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited August 25, 2010
    I agree with some of the comments here about sucking up some personal pride and making the bride, the customer happy. I work in retail and I was given a stat that was a real eye opener for me. When a customer has a bad or negative experience, he or she will tell 7 people about it. When a customer has a good experience, he or she will tell maybe 3 people about it. Basically, bad news will travels faster than good news. My opinion, and it is only a opinion, is that this photographer should do whatever it takes to make this bride happy. As a side note, the photographer in question should really check into the legality of videotaping some one with out their knowledge. Just a thought on that one.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    Posts like this tend to annoy me. :D

Allen..are you the photographer??? If not what is your relationship to the photographer and what is your reason for posting?

Are you looking for affirmation of stick to the contract? Are you looking for a solution to the current situation or are you looking for ideas to prevent this from happening in the future?

Sam
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    This is one reason why I never schedule 2 weddings in the same weekend.
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    I've been following this thread from the get-go, and have concluded that it is quite possibly a troll. Here's why:

Do I really think a photographer with so little business acumen could ask for, and get, a $3400 deposit. No, I don't. Could I be wrong? I usually am:D.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Thanks for reading my post and giving a bit more background.

Your guy is not so experienced, right? When he agreed to leave the date for the bridal session open and firm it up later, surely he pencilled in the day before the wedding as most likely? Not only the hair, but the dress, the out-of-town folks, in the background. No way was this shoot ever going to happen over a month in advance.

Then when he got an opportunity to erase his pencil marks and shoot another wedding the day before, he took the new booking without contacting the first bride. Customers who pay in full a year in advance are to be treasured, not pinged-off by email. When he did not get a reply he should have called in person - anything could have happened, maybe they had even broken up and the wedding was off altogether.

Then his instinct is to reach for the contract instead of solving the problem. Contracts are for cupboards. They are a handy checklist to make sure that you and your customer have touched the main bases and set expectations, but they are not something you ever WANT to enforce in court. Litigation consumes productive time, costs for lawyers, is always bad publicity, and has unpredictable results. I can just picture your guy on Youtube clutching his video!

Photography is a service business and unless your guy is extraordinarily gifted he better realize that part of the package when you run a service business is a good grovel every now and again. Customers can be proper tossers, so can suppliers.

This bride's instincts are sound. I would not want this guy at my wedding even for free.

Hello Christopher,

The guy (photographer) has about 12 years experience.

He did not agree to leave any date open. Let me clarify. The contract said she was supposed scheduled her **(bridal session) before August 18, 2010.

**bridal session is photographs of the bridal only. The session last for about an hour.

Not sure if any of this changes your conclusion?
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    What's wrong with doing bridals after the wedding? Maybe a Trash the Dress instead? If they aren't leaving for her honeymoon immediately, the day after seems like the best option.

I do agree that the bride was in the wrong, but a little bit of compromising on the photographer's behalf might save his reputation.

Hello l.k.madison,

Trash the dress session is a great idea!

From what the photographer said, she was very firm and animate about doing the session the day before her wedding (she did not want to bend on any other date).

Thank you again for your ideas!
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    bnoverturf wrote: »
    I agree with some of the comments here about sucking up some personal pride and making the bride, the customer happy. I work in retail and I was given a stat that was a real eye opener for me. When a customer has a bad or negative experience, he or she will tell 7 people about it. When a customer has a good experience, he or she will tell maybe 3 people about it. Basically, bad news will travels faster than good news. My opinion, and it is only a opinion, is that this photographer should do whatever it takes to make this bride happy. As a side note, the photographer in question should really check into the legality of videotaping some one with out their knowledge. Just a thought on that one.

Hello,

Just a thought........

If you ever decide to do photography as a career, here is my stat on negative experience from 1 person. "When a customer has a bad or negative experience, he or she will tell 7,000,000,000,000 people about it by placing a negative review online".

Thank you for the heads up with considering the "legality of videotaping". And thank you for your feedback!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Jeff_Milo wrote: »
    This is one reason why I never schedule 2 weddings in the same weekend.

You read someone's post that got it wrong. The bridal session was supposed to be done before August 18, 2010. Not the Friday before her wedding (September 18, 2010) as another poster stated.

PS. I'm curious to know why you never schedule more than 1 wedding weekend???

• Options
    edited August 25, 2010
    Sam and Icebear.....this one's for you :)

No, I am not the photographer. No, I am not a "troll".

I originated this post because.......over the years, I have found it extremely interesting how the photography service, creativity, and even the customer has changed. The photographer that's going through this situation is very analytical. I'm very emotional. We would handle most situations completely different.

The photographer (this problem is happening too) has around 13 years experience. He photographs seniors, family portraits, and approximately 15 weddings a year. From what he said today, he is going to show up at this brides wedding.

If I was the photographer, I would give her $3,800 back (assuming the bride responded the way he said she did). For me, photography is an emotional process. These types of problems can only escalate. Chances are good it can only escalate on the wedding day. Getting one bad review can ruin a wedding photographer for life, so that's why I'd return the $3,800 and move on.

My experience.....I've been in the wedding business (photography) for almost 21 years. I'm usually booked about 1 1/2 years to 2 years out. For example, I have 2/3 weddings scheduled each weekend through May 20, 2012 (not including November through March). Over 83% of my business is from referrals. All I do is wedding photography and engagement sessions (nothing else). I'm terrible at marketing, so I let my work speak for itself. Not to say I haven't made my mistakes over the years!

My first job was at McDonalds. We had to say "thank you, and please come again" to EVERY customer. Nobody say's that anymore. So again, I was only curious to see how all of you would handle this. As customer service and photography has changed over the years.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Allen,

Thanks for answering my question.

Here are my thoughts on this situation.

I put the blame (most anyway) on your photographer friend. With the advent of computers and almost instant communication there is no excuse not to be able to track and / or follow up on clients and schedules. He could have easily followed up with a quick e-mail 2 or 3 times during the year and a half lead time, and withing say 2 months remind her of the bridal shoot and a need to schedule it. The issue here is lack of communication. While nether communicated with the other, it really is the responsibility of the business owner to be proactive about his schedule, and communicating with his clients.

Now after the fact when it was known the bride wanted the bridal shoot done the day before the wedding and your friend realized he was booked for that date he should have gone into problem solving mode not read the contract mode.

Several solutions.
    1. Do the bridal shoot 2 days before the wedding.
    2. Do the bridal shoot after the wedding.
    3. Is there enough time for you to shoot the other wedding and the bridal shoot?
    4. Can you hire a photographer to ether shoot the other wedding or the bridal shoot?
    5. Can you substitute a trash the dress shoot for the bridal shoot?
    6. Is it possible to do a reduced bridal shoot on the day of the wedding?

It's hard to tell if your photographer friend set the bride off with a lack of people skills or she is a bridezilla.

Your friend should have been jumping through hoops to fix this situation. Call her, call the groom, call dad, call mom, etc.

I think your friend needs to have an understanding prior to the day of the wedding. Simply showing up without any communication and planning on settling the issue right before the wedding is really asking for trouble.

As for returning money...............While I am not inclined to keep money I didn't earn, I would not return all of the money. I would return an amount equal to any expense I didn't incur such as albums, prints, ect. After all he did keep the date open and couldn't book the date.

Sam