SOLD: 40D mint 3000 actuations

90c490c4 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited September 7, 2010 in House of Canon
Mint condition 40D, just back from CPS for cleaning/calibration. This body is virtually unused and in as new condition. With box, cap, strap, battery, box, manual, cable, disc. $600 shipped within CONUS or best offer. As a bonus, I'll throw in Canon's Lens Work III book if it sells for $600.

Comments

• 90c490c4 Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2010
    Lowering the price to $575 OBO. Thought it was sold but fell through.
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2010
    Pictures?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
    edited September 3, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    Pictures?

I'm away for the weekend but I'll try to get pictures up next week. It looks brand new though, it never really left my camera bag. Sorry for not responding to all of the PMs with questions, it's been a busy week. I'll try to get back to everyone now.
    edited September 3, 2010
    Thank you for the reply. So why are you selling it?
    edited September 3, 2010
    Thank you for the reply. So why are you selling it?

I just have too many bodies. It was a backup that I had to pick up when a main body failed. Now I have other backups. In fact I'll likely sell my 5D backup soon too.
    edited September 3, 2010
    Thank you for the quick reply. How often do you send in your bodies for cleaning/calibration? Did this particular one need it? How many shutter actuations are on it?
    edited September 3, 2010
    I send them in typically once per year for a free clean and calibration as I get 2 per year free. There are 3176 actuations - basically unused.
    edited September 3, 2010
    Wow, sounds great. My only hesitation is that I don't have any lenses. :( And with the release of the 60D, I'm afraid I'll be able to get a 40D cheaper by the time I can afford a lens. I've been wanting a Canon setup since the 20D came out. :cry
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2010
    Wow, sounds great. My only hesitation is that I don't have any lenses. :( And with the release of the 60D, I'm afraid I'll be able to get a 40D cheaper by the time I can afford a lens. I've been wanting a Canon setup since the 20D came out. :cry

[hijak on] Just my humble opinion...given what the 60D is, I suspect the 40D will not go down in price, but may go up. the 60D is a huge step DOWN from 40D [/hijak off]
    edited September 5, 2010
    cmason wrote: »
    [hijak on]the 60D is a huge step DOWN from 40D [/hijak off]
    I've heard this as well. But since consumers drive the market for the most part, 'newer is better'. rolleyes1.gif If I can find a 50mm 1.4 lens cheap, then I can give this a go as it will solve my main issue with night shooting. You know, I just thought of something--I do have an old Canon AE-1 that has a lens on it. I wonder how sharp it would be compared to the newer 50mms?
    edited September 7, 2010
    Sold