Options

Deal: 1TB (MINI) external WD drive -- 100 AFTER tax/shipping.

bnlearlebnlearle Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited August 27, 2010 in The Kitchen Sink
Good deal... 1TB Western Digital mini drive (the kind that you don't need a power plug in for) -- $100 -- no tax and free shipping. Just enter the code GXTPOFES to get it down to a hundred bucks smile.gif

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 26, 2010
    Just wondering, where did this code come from? If it's just a nice deal you're passing on, great! However, I just want to make sure this forum isn't being used for personal benefit via Amazon codes.

Thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    smile17smile17 Registered Users Posts: 8 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I've seen the code distributed widely around those deals seeking websites. Lots of people have been using it.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    DoctorIt wrote: »
    Just wondering, where did this code come from? If it's just a nice deal you're passing on, great! However, I just want to make sure this forum isn't being used for personal benefit via Amazon codes.

Thanks,

Hey, I'm not arguing, I just don't understand. Lots of folks have a code tor five bucks off Smugmug on their DGrin signatures. What's the difference?
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010

Thanks,

Who cares if they are? I mean, really, if it's a nice deal, it's a nice deal.

Personally, I have no problem if they were making money off the deal.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 27, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Hey, I'm not arguing, I just don't understand. Lots of folks have a code tor five bucks off Smugmug on their DGrin signatures. What's the difference?
    The difference is, it's very clear who is benefitting when you give someone your Smugmug ref code. Please note I didn't even mention ban/delete/otherwise take action, I simply asked for full disclosure. It's my job to keep things as honest and clear in this forum as possible.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    I believe the code is good for an additional 10% Western Digital products purchased through Amazon (if it's still valid). The OP was just passing it along. No harm done.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    I tried to apply it but it gave me this error:
    There was a problem

• We're sorry, we weren't able to save your gift card or promotional code information. Please enter it again or try using another form of payment.
    • A gift card or promotional code is required.
    • The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    The difference is, it's very clear who is benefitting when you give someone your Smugmug ref code. Please note I didn't even mention ban/delete/otherwise take action, I simply asked for full disclosure. It's my job to keep things as honest and clear in this forum as possible.

Makes sense to me thumb.gif In photographic terms, we could call it "transparency."
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    The code still valid if purchased from and fulfilled by Amazon. The default option was from another seller facilitated by Amazon and the coupon does not work in that instance. "Amazon" has it for $108.99 - $10 for the coupon. Just did this a few minutes ago and it did work.

John
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010

Fair enough. Sorry about that. I just see a lot of people who get into an uproar over silly things. I just read into it too much. I stand corrected...