Options

Ronnie Gaubert - Wildlife Photographer

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited November 16, 2010 in The Big Picture
Posted on NPN:
Update Nov. 15, 2010

As many of you know, our friend and long time NPN member Ronnie Gaubert has been stricken with ALS (Lou Gehrig Disease) and his condition is slowly worsening to the point that he can no longer photograph the natural world that he loves. Currently he is working on a couple of photography projects and this is helping in a great way to keep him in a positive state of mind. One project is a group of large framed prints that will be donated to the MDA-ALS research center in Houston which will become a permanent exhibit and the other is a DVD of select images. A group of friends and family is helping to raise money to pay for these projects and I'm hoping the NPN community could also help.

A gallery has been created to offer images selected by Ronnie for sale as prints; View Gallery

I know many people have been touched by his work over the years and would like to own a print and help our Big Buddy at the same time. All profits from sales would go directly to Ronnie's projects. Please keep Ronnie and his family in your thoughts.

Thanks

David Chauvin

You may have never seen his photos (or even heard of him), but you should really check out Ronnie Gaubert's collection.

Diagnosed with ALS he has since put down the camera forever.

http://www.photoportfolios.net/portfolio/pf.cgi?a=up&ns=1&pi=RONNIE

http://www.pbase.com/ronnie_14187

Comments

• Options
    GaleGale Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Very sad.
    Yes he is a great photog. Have followed the thread at DPR
    Best Regards
    Gale

www.pbase.com/techwish
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    Bump for updated information on post #1
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    David, these are truly the most beautiful photos I have ever seen of south Louisiana, and I am saddened by what Ronnie, whom I have never met, is dealing with, and for the effects on those of you who love him. Is there a way a person could just make a straight donation to help with the project? Many thanks, Pam McIlhenny, Avery Island, Louisiana.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    PGM wrote: »
    David, these are truly the most beautiful photos I have ever seen of south Louisiana, and I am saddened by what Ronnie, whom I have never met, is dealing with, and for the effects on those of you who love him. Is there a way a person could just make a straight donation to help with the project? Many thanks, Pam McIlhenny, Avery Island, Louisiana.
    Pam - David let me know that you were able to contact him by email. I hope something works out.
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    RogersDA wrote: »
    Pam - David let me know that you were able to contact him by email. I hope something works out.

Yes, I went to David's website and contacted him from there. He kindly provided me information on how to donate, in case anyone else is interested. Many thanks, Pam