Latest portraits

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited August 31, 2005 in People
Hello again, friends!

After taking my time to look at all the wonderful pictures you've been posting here, I decided to post the last two I've shot. Hope you find them somewhat interesting. :):

Yours truly:
hott.jpg

Mom (without glasses, I tried to capture one of her deepest, most sober expressions):
vera2005.jpg

Thanks in advance for viewing! :):

-- thiago

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Hello again, friends!

After taking my time to look at all the wonderful pictures you've been posting here, I decided to post the last two I've shot. Hope you find them somewhat interesting. :):

Yours truly:

Mom (without glasses, I tried to capture one of her deepest, most sober expressions):

Thanks in advance for viewing! :):

-- thiago[/QUOTe

both great shots.. number one is spectacular to me.clap.gif
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Thiago

Is this a self portrait, or was someone else behind the camera? Either way it is fantastic!!! WOW

ann
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Woah!
    Lynn and Ann,
    thanks so much for your kind compliments! You've made my day, heheh! :D

Regarding the first portrait, yeah, it's a self-portrait. I used the self timer, and focused manually. It's also not a crop, which is why it required a fair share of patience from the model! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for stopping by!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited August 29, 2005
    Lynn and Ann,
    thanks so much for your kind compliments! You've made my day, heheh! :D

Regarding the first portrait, yeah, it's a self-portrait. I used the self timer, and focused manually. It's also not a crop, which is why it required a fair share of patience from the model! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for stopping by!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Even more impressive!!! and by the way.. I like the haircut..1drink.gif:D
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Hi thiago!

Excellent portraits! Good to see some of your shots again!!
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2005
    Really nice work, especially the first photo.
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    what a great self-portrait!!!

very well done!!!

troy
    Hello again, friends!

• Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    My critique
    Priviet, Thiago!
    Nice to see your works.
    I like the second one - it 'tells a story'. The 'model' is very natural, relaxed.
    As for the first one - I like it too, but ... 2 things:
    1) spectacles... they form the 4-d horizontal line (lips, nose, eyes with eyebrows) and destroy classic triangle composition, cause:
    a) they are becoming the 'hero', the main subject (also the most sharp!)
    b) they are wider then eyes/brows and this is also putting them to the first place...
    2) the bottom eyelids look tensive (not relaxed). Sure your eyes are 'bigger'. I call this 'shoot waiting syndrome'.. in this case its intrersting to shoot once again right after first shoot, when you relax 'after' :-)
    DOF is excellent, colors are great!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    edited August 31, 2005
    Priviet, Thiago!
    Nice to see your works.
    I like the second one - it 'tells a story'. The 'model' is very natural, relaxed.
    As for the first one - I like it too, but ... 2 things:
    1) spectacles... they form the 4-d horizontal line (lips, nose, eyes with eyebrows) and destroy classic triangle composition, cause:
    a) they are becoming the 'hero', the main subject (also the most sharp!)
    b) they are wider then eyes/brows and this is also putting them to the first place...
    2) the bottom eyelids look tensive (not relaxed). Sure your eyes are 'bigger'. I call this 'shoot waiting syndrome'.. in this case its intrersting to shoot once again right after first shoot, when you relax 'after' :-)
    DOF is excellent, colors are great!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    Yuri.. that is a great critique.. I shall use that "tutorial" myself in future .. even tho this is not my shot it's great we can all learn along with each other.
    thanks
    Lynnclap.gif
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    Wow, friends!
    First of all, I have to say I'm deeply impressed with all the replies!

Lynn: Thanks for the haircut remark! :D And again you're right, Yuri's top-notch!

Trish: Good to see *you* around as well! Thanks for your compliments!

Sandy: Thanks so much for your kind words! :):

Troy: I'm really glad you liked it that much! You should try some of those yourself sometime! :):

Yuri: Not only you excel in picture-taking but also in critique. I'm overwhelmed at your feedback because you're so careful and, at the same time, straightforward! I agree with you that the glasses are stealing the viewer's attention from the eyes, and I'll give you another probable cause for my slightly closed eyes: fill flash! :D Thanks for your warm words as well, for me any critique this good is an honor!

As a final remark, don't you people find this forum stunning? I found that lately there have been so many great photos, and I feel really good seeing my colleagues doing so well, growing in their photography and 'sharing the goods'! iloveyou.gif

Thanks for all the feedback and attention!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • G KG K Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    Wow Yuri
    Yuri

It is almost as informative and probably more of a learning experience to read your critiques as it is to see the picture in the first place. Thank you for sharing!

Thiago - as everyone else has said - very nice portraits!

~ gaurav (gk08 from STF :))
    Priviet, Thiago!
    Nice to see your works...
    Yuri