Seniors - First guy shoot

bitwise95bitwise95 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited August 28, 2010 in People
Guru's:

Had a neighbor ask me to shoot thier son's Senior Images and I agreed. I know some of the poses have 'opportunities' with the hands. I welcome any thoughts on what you feel works and what is an opportunity for improvement.

Thanks for your time!
bit

978238838_5NZVv-M.jpg

978238038_nhsKr-L.jpg

978241220_fteUj-M.jpg

978244019_37xKM-L.jpg

978247828_4MMAs-L.jpg

978232679_JMiWC-M.jpg

Comments

• PhotogbikerPhotogbiker Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Nice
    Nice stuff. Good genuine smile too.

A couple thoughts from another amateur that has done seniors for friends.

#1 is a bit washed out. #3 is too, but seems to go more with the effect your were going for, while #1 just appears a bit pale.

Nice composition, but I would leave yourself a bit more room in the frame. Some the head is a bit high, and even cut off in #1. Depending on what sizes they want printed you may run into trouble cropping to fit without sacrificing your composition. (#5 and 6, for example)

You might get a black velvet or other cloth to drape over the chair in #5. The light wood is a tad distracting. Love the lighting on this.

For final print you might burn down the background on the outdoor shots a bit. A vignette that doesn't scream "vignette" when you look at it is nice for these types of portraits.

Nice stuff and I am sure they will like them. Fun thing about shooting friends is you can go back and shoot more without feeling like an "amateur".
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    Liking that 3rd one. You almost lost the t-shirt but I can still see seperation from the wall. I would maybe try for a bit more contrast but this one is my favorite of the group.
  • bitwise95bitwise95 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    @photogbiker - Thanks for the feedback. I was going for the washed out look. I presented a 'normal' version and a pp version for both. will be curious to see which one they like. Thanks for the tips on cropping and the use of vignetting

@Darren - thanks for the feedback. Will look at some curves for that image.
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2010
    Re: Seniors - First guy shoot
    I love the lighting on these. There are some posing problems but that will be corrected with trying more. Great job on number 1 and 3

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk